SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I can't afford to buy four new cars all at once, I'm thinking my first move would be to at least get some descent rubber on the ones I have.

4 X 4
I've just ordered a Subaru from ebay as I thought the price was good. Well I actually ordered two as I thought the price was good
Ninco Subaru's

They have the crusher motor that should be OK to begin with?
They have hardened steel axles so they should be straight
And they have ball bearings
It would seem the only things I need to do is put on some new hubs/tyres and add weight

I've been advised on NRS tyres and I'm presuming the Ultragrips will be best, but with it being 4wd do I need the same compound both front and rear?

Would I be best with NRS hubs also?

The "Standard" diameter ones?

With or without the "Air System"

Low Profile tyres?

Saloon

I've fitted a slightly quicker motor which will do for a start, a 42b instead of the 42, next step is tyres, I'm only doing the rear to begin with.

Ultragrips for this too?

Low profile?

F1

Ultra grip F1's?
F1 hubs?

GT

Ultragrips again?
Standard or large diameter wheels?

Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
612 Posts
As advised by lee.bes, I'll ask my tyre questions here

I think I get the general idea, Ultragrip and either 5002 or 5004 hubs.

ninco have a different size axle don't they so to use NRS hubs I'll need to change the axle and therefore the bearings. Is the outer diameter of the bearings the same or would the bearing housing have to be modified to fit them?

I've read that with 4 X 4 we need to be aiming at getting the front around quicker than the rear. Different pulleys and different tyre size has been mentioned, but how about just putting less grip on the rear, lets say supersoft rather than ultra?

Do you all use NRS wheels/tyres on F1, if so do you use F1 wheels and tyres or just standard wheels and tyres of the correct diameter?
Also with F1, how many keep the steering?

Thanks
Paul

Edited to say I meant to put this on the wheels and tyres thread oops

·
Lee Beswick
1,217 Posts
QUOTE (pasiro @ 28 May 2011, 11:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ninco have a different size axle don't they so to use NRS hubs I'll need to change the axle and therefore the bearings. Is the outer diameter of the bearings the same or would the bearing housing have to be modified to fit them?

You are correct there Paul...Ninco have 2.5mm axles, whereas everyone else uses 3/32. Outer diameter of bearings tends to be the same, so you shouldn't have to alter the bearing housing to much. I think I'm right in saying that Ninco axles are quite soft as well, they can bend so better to change for a stronger axle.

QUOTE (pasiro @ 28 May 2011, 11:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've read that with 4 X 4 we need to be aiming at getting the front around quicker than the rear. Different pulleys and different tyre size has been mentioned, but how about just putting less grip on the rear, lets say supersoft rather than ultra?

Have you seen my 4x4 go round?!!!!
Certainly not the person to be asking on that one!!!

QUOTE (pasiro @ 28 May 2011, 11:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do you all use NRS wheels/tyres on F1, if so do you use F1 wheels and tyres or just standard wheels and tyres of the correct diameter?
Also with F1, how many keep the steering?

My current Ninco F1 (Stewart) is running Slot.It F1 wheels with F1 ultragrips. You can buy Slot.It rear axle starter kits from Pendles which give you axle, wheels, contrate, bearings...all you need to change the whole back end. I glue the steering, which is what I'm just doing on another Ninco F1 (Ferrari) which I'm going to put NSR F! wheels and tyres on....just to confuse you!!!

Hope that helps a bit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts