SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Ian
10,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UK Slot Car Festival - Club Competition -Team Race

It's here folks as promised it's now nearer the time, so when you go to the Club this week chat with your fellow members and get your Club name down.

New for 2014 - Club Competition, we are aware that the UK's slot car clubs missed the opportunity for an interclub competition at this iconic slot event, so we have taken this on board - Slot Fire have kindly agreed to provide a track - and nearer the time we will be inviting entries.

The track will be Pendle Slot Racing's new 3 Lane Slotfire track, and the cars will be the PRS Chassis cars prepared by Tommaso Melioli "PRS" I'm sure you have seen these, they sure are cool and it will great to race them.

I'm looking for Six teams of 2 or 3 drivers, for the event which will run on the Saturday afternoon, as with these things, there is still some planning to do, but you have to be in it to win it.

Having been involved in all the previous team challenges I know just how much this was missed last year, well now's your chance, no excuses, get your Clubs Name down.

I will publish the exact details as soon as I can, needless to say it's going to be fun.
See you there

Add the Club name to this thread

· Ian
10,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh these are great cars perhaps I should explain to those who don't know Tommaso not only is he the owner of PRS but he is also a top Italian racer. These announcements are going to keep coming all part of the build up to a fantastic weekend for Slotcars - expect another tonight!!

· David Farrow
1,274 Posts
I will throw Rockingham into the ring. Sam and I could do it as we are not in the team race. I guess its on the same track as Phil s saloon race so it wont be at the same time so we should be able to do both.

· Registered
4,084 Posts
Hi Ian.
I am 'helping' (!) DSR with the Scaleauto team challenge, but can I provisionally book a place for Wolverhampton SCC, please.
Malcolm does not get on the is Forum very often, but I will see him this week and I would be surprised if he did not want to enter a team for this super race event.
I will confirm as soon as I know for sure.
Regfards Bill.

· Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I'm very happy to see that so much clubs will race on saturday with my cars and I'm sure they will enjoy it!
The cars will be the wonderfull Carrera's DTM with PRS aluminium chassis:

A present will be give to all drivers that will attend the race, and a special prize for the winner team.

During the weekend and the race the PRS controller will be available to test and to eventually use for the race!

I hope to see you all at the race!

Tommaso

· Ian
10,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now it's looking a bit more like it, I also think Gainsborough will be entering a team too, Good to see Tommaso on the thread too

Molesey SCC
DiSCA
Rockingham
Wolverhampton SCC
West London
Gainsborough

· Ian
10,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We actually have the six teams now, however you know how these things go, I also have a few teams in reserve
Or I'll look to see "if" we can fit nine teams...

Viking + Nascot Wood - on standby

Thanks Guys

· Ian
10,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Progress was slow, however we actually have 10 teams now, I'll leave it at that please don't add any more teams though, I'm sure it will all work out on the day I'll now work out just how we are going to work this so that everyone gets a good run with the cars. It sure promises to be fun.
Thanks Guys, Not long now!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.