SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Philip Insull
1,765 Posts
Regulations UK Slot Car Festival Pre 86 British Motor Corporation Classics.

Saturday May 17th 2014 - Start time 12:00 mid-day.
Pendle Slot Racing's new 3 Lane Slotfire track

Cars can be any British Leyland / Austin-Rover / BMC / Jaguar sports car, saloon or hatchback pre 1986 including race and rally versions.
Race Entry fee £5 per driver - please register your interest as soon as we have a maximum entry of 24 places.
Entries are only confirmed by pre-payment - we will accept entry fees at The Pendle Slot Racing Earlybirds meeting on Sunday 2nd March 2014.

Hard bodies only E.g. Rigid Plastic, Resin, Glass Fibre, Wood, but No lexan or flexible vac formed type bodies please - cars should be readily recognisable compared to the real thing. Scratch and kit built , modified stock bodies or ready to run cars.
In all cases where wide arches are used proof of them on the real car or race car may be required and arches may not extend more than 2mm either side of the main bodywork and must still be within the overall width limits.
Guide assembly and wheels/tyres should not be visible when the car is viewed from directly above with the guide centralised, only one guide or pin is permitted. All cars must have an interior with a driver figure (minimum head & shoulders) and have appropriate glazing. (Rally versions must have two driver figures as per a proper rally car).
No sponge or silicon tyres please, and no tyre additives - cars will be handed to a start marshal for this event and any substances on the tyres will be wiped off before the cars are placed on the track.
Chassis can be from any material but may only have a maximum of two hinged parts including a drop arm if used - only one motor per chassis and this must be mounted in-line.
Handling magnets are not permitted.
Bodies must be securely fixed to the chassis by means of screws or body pins, magnets or solidly glued (No taped on bodies) Body rock is permissible but any screws and pins must remain in properly place during the races any screws or pins which fall out / off during a heat will mean that the score from that heat is disallowed.
Appropriate style wheels, inserts or wires should be used.

The British Clasic will be split into 2 categories,

Class 1 Small / Medium cars with a maximum wheelbase of 75mm, maximum body width of 55 mm including arches, Maximum body length 120mm, and maximum limit from outside edge of tyre to outside edge of tyre across the axle line of 53 mm. Wheels and tyres with a minimum diameter overall of 13mm Fronts and Rears, max tyre overall width 8 mm. (Note this is maximum sidewall to sidewall width NOT contact patch)
Note: Class 1 cars to have a minimum ground clearance between the wheelbases of 1.0mm.

Class 2 Large cars with a maximum body length of 170mm, maximum wheelbase of 100mm and a maximum width including arches of 65mm and a maximum limit from outside edge of tyre to outside edge of tyre across the axle line of 63 mm. Wheels and tyres with a minimum diameter overall of 17mm Fronts and Rears, max tyre overall width 10 mm. (Note this is maximum sidewall to sidewall width NOT contact patch)
Class 2 cars to have a minimum ground clearance between the wheelbases of 1.0mm.

All Cars should be built to within reasonable tolerance of 1/32nd scale any cars which do not appear reasonably correct may not be permitted to run, and may be fed to the can crusher!

Motor Restrictions - In Line Only - no other restrictions but if it causes power cut out to trigger on the 13 volt supply then you won't be going very far!

Entrants can enter two cars each through scrutinising and may only race those cars he or she has had checked for themselves - no sharing, borrowing of other competitors cars once scrutinising has closed is not permitted. If your car or both cars break during the meeting or are not running well I'm afraid that's just tough luck as it would be in a real motor race. Drivers who wish to run both class 1 and class 2 cars can do so, but they will automatically go in the class 2 (Large size) finals. Only drivers who stick to using class 1 type Small/Medium cars in all three qualifying heats may enter the class 1 finals. Qualifying heats will be 3 minutes duration, with scores from all three lanes being counted. Finals will be then run by the two classes with a ladder finals system.

Concours cars must be raced at least once during the qualifying heats. Up to 2 different cars may be used and entered into Concours. Ready to run cars are not permitted in concours unless they have been significantly customised or super detailed by the entrant.

· Martin De Ath
1,408 Posts
Hi there Phil..
Could you please put my name down for this great looking event..
I ment to chat to you about it at EB, but unfortunately with all that was going on, I forgot.

All the best.. Martin.

· Philip Insull
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right - thank you guys for getting the ball rolling, so that's entries for Martin, David, Pete, Jon, Mike & Martin - you are all on the list if it is possible can you either send your £5 entry to Pendle or you can pay cash
at the MRE SCCA Classic at Wolves in April. If you are struggling to pre-pay I'm sure I can probably sort it on the day but I wont have any change on me so it'll need to be the right money and I will hunt folks down who ask for places
and don't show up to race.

Cheers
Phil

There was a query from Jon regarding the small class tyres - he pointed out that I had made a mistake on the minimum diameter it should be 12mm not 13mm. Even I make mistakes!

Cheers
Phil

· Premium Member
554 Posts
Hi Phil,

Remind me what you made those lovely XJS' out of, body and chassis/running gear. I need to make them
Thanks
Stephen

· Philip Insull
1,765 Posts
Hi Steven,
The XJS is from a George Turner Models kit - they are still available from his website Running gear is mostly Slot It but you can use standard Scalextric stuff if you so desire, all the running gear is available from
Sean and the team at Pendle Slot Racing.
Cheers
Phil

· Philip Insull
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still got spaces left - you can run your old Wolves eligible Jag xj12s and Rover SD1s so you don't need to build new stuff
Got to be a couple of Minis and A35s from previous years events to join in as well.
Cheers
Phil

· Martin De Ath
1,408 Posts
Phil, my small class car is my red and black Mini.. I am sure you remember it from Wolves saloons. Large car class will probably be my MK2 red Jag. Both cars should be intresting around the Slotfire track..
All the best... Martin.

· Philip Insull
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Martin,
It was supposed to be one class per person but with spaces available we can accept an entry in each class, I am assuming the race entry fee will be £5 per class in these cases.
Cheers
Phil

· Martin De Ath
1,408 Posts
..."Oi" Jon... I will remember that and nobble you at the first bend, you cheeky person you.....
Lets hope we get some more entrants, have a bit of fun as well as putting on a good show for everyone watching.

Phil, one thought.. Will there be anyone commentating on the races. If not I think people might find the racing a bit tricky to follow.
Plus information about the cars (real and slot-cars) plus the drivers (real and slotters) can also be given....

All the best.. Martin.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.