SlotForum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Mike Newns
618 Posts
Phil, I do both classes to make up the numbers and hopefully my son Jonathon will confirm an entry for both classes in the next couple of days.

One question, what is the reasoning behind the "two hinges" rule; does that included pivots flex bars etc. - don't want t break the "spirt" of the rules.

Mike

· Philip Insull
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hi Mike,
Thank you for the double entry - the reason for the hinge rules dates back about 10 years to the first Wolves Classic meetings where I think the fear was that someone would run full blown iso-fulcrum type chassis, and a multi point drop arm.
No one has ever done so but the rule has stayed over the years.
Hope this explains it (seems a bit foggy to me now I look at again after all these years)
Cheers
Phil

· Philip Insull
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Frantic activity as I try and do a couple of new builds, three new 1/24th scale GT Mini's and dust off / repair some older cars ready for the Saturday British Classics race at Gaydon.
Here's an old favourite the World Classics (OCAR) 1977 Jaguar XJ12R Slot.It powered in a PCS Chassis.

really looking forward to this years festival.
Cheers
Phil

· Philip Insull
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Message for all drivers please can you report to the Slot Fire track at Gaydon as soon as possible on Saturday (Doors open at 11:00) we will try and do a quick briefing and get under way racing by 11:45 if possible
to make sure we are finished by 14:00 as Ian needs the track for his event by then.

Here is my probable race car for Saturday the George Turner XJS done with a modified livery as the #1 car and sporting a RM Chassis (Richard Mack) complete with NSR and Slot.It running gear and
Scaleauto motor.
Cheers
Phil

· Jon Grainger
3,547 Posts
Here is my little Standard 10 for the small class in the race at Gaydon tommorow. It isn't based on a specific car, just a road car which at the weekends would race at the classic 60s circuits like Crystal Palace and Brands Hatch. I used a Penelope Pitlane kit with a modified PP chassis. Needs another half an hour to assemble and finish which I'll do tonight. Full write up to follow later.

See you all tommorow,
Regards
Jon

· Philip Insull
1,765 Posts
Thank you to all the drivers who took part in yesterday's BMC Classic race and made it an enjoyable event. Particular thanks to Malcolm Scotto who could have chosen a quiet day but instead
was an invaluable help running this race series on what was mostly once the old "Wolves" Slotfire track now of course the revised New Pendle Slot Racing Slotfire track. Also thanks to Nic, Bryan and Paul from Pendle
who did all the hard work of getting the track set up and running after doing a "Tardis" job getting all the gear into and out of their van.

Results Big Class (All races 2minutes)

Grand Final

1st Sam Cockerton Jaguar XJ6R 16.10 laps
2nd Dave Farrow Jaguar Mk VIII 15.80 laps
3rd Ashley Evans Jaguar XJR6 13.90 laps

Semi Final
1st Ashley Evans Jaguar XJR6 14.80 laps
2nd Phil Insull Jaguar XJS 14.60 laps
3rd Nick Wixon Jaguar XJR6 14.10 laps

C Final
1st Nick Wixon Jaguar XJR6 15.10 laps
2nd Malcolm Scotto Jaguar MkII 13.20 laps
3rd Martin De'Ath Jaguar MkII 11.50 laps

D Final
1st Martin De'Ath Jaguar MkII 13.40 laps
2nd Mike Newns Jaguar E Type 11.50 laps
3rd Jonathan Newns Range Rover SE 7.10 laps

Small Class

Grand Final
1st Bryan King Austin Healey 100 15.30 laps
2nd Dave Farrow Standard 10 15.00 laps
3rd Sam Farrow Austin A40 14.50 laps

Semi final
1st Sam Farrow Austin A40 14.70 laps
2nd Jon Grainger Standard 10 14.50 laps
3rd Andre Acker Austin A35 13.40 laps

C Final
1st Sam Farrow Austin A40 13.80 laps
2nd Martin De'Ath Mini Cooper S 11.80 laps
3rd Ashley Evans Austin A35 11.60 laps

D Final
1st Ashley Evans Austin A35 13.80 laps
2nd Mike Newns Austin Sprite 10.10 laps
3rd Jonathan Newns Mini 1000 9.60 laps

Concours Results

1st Phil Insull Jaguar XJS
2nd Jon Grainger Standard 10
3rd Martin De'Ath Jaguar MkII

Qualifying Distances 3 heats x 2 minutes
Big Class
1 David Farrow Jaguar Mk VII 46.50 laps
2 Sam Cockerton Jaguar XJ6R 46.20 laps
3 Ashley Evans Jaguar XJ6R 45.60 laps
4 Phil Insull Jaguar XJS 44.20 laps
5 Nick Wixon Jaguar XJ6R 42.30 laps
6 Malcolm Scotto Jaguar MkII 38.30 laps
7 Martin De'Ath Jaguar MkII 35.00 laps
8 Mike Newns Jaguar E Type 30.60 laps
9 Jonathan Newns Range Rover SE 26.70 laps

Small Class
1 Bryan King Austin Healey 100 45.30 laps
2 David Farrow Standard 10 41.60 laps
3 Jon Grainger Standard 10 41.50 laps
4 Andre Acker Austin A35 40.70 laps
5 Sam Farrow Austin A40 39.40 laps
6 Martin De'Ath Mini Cooper S 38.30 laps
7 Jonathan Newns Mini 1000 26.50 laps
8 Mike Newns Austin Healey Sprite/s 18.30 laps

Hope everyone enjoyed the Event - I certainly enjoyed the Saturday especially seeing Andre getting Dave farrow's little car airborne several times and thrashing round George Turners new 1/24th mini's
during the day - great stuff. Thanks as always to all the organisers who do such a great job in putting the Slot Festival on and making sure there is something for everyone to see no matter what part/s
of the hobby they enjoy. Particular thanks to Sean for inviting me to run the BMC Classic race and for putting up the Trophies and to Chris Aston of Wolves & Dudley clubs for doing our additional framed
period photo awards - great job.
Cheers
Phil

· Philip Insull
1,765 Posts
A few pictures of my little display of F1 repaints and BMC cars at Gaydon on Saturday for those who missed them.

The F1 Repaints

Some of the BMC Cars

A mix of F1, BMC and Toyota's from Gareth Jex's kits

My Jag's plus a 1/24th Lancia 037 and George Turner Models new 1/24th Mini's

Finally in this bit a long shot of my display
Cheers
Phil

· Philip Insull
1,765 Posts
Some of the race cars for the BMC Historic race lined up for the concours judging.

Left to Right David Farrow's A40 and Mk VII Jaguar and my XJS and Healey Sprite

Bryan King's Healey 100, Jon Grainger's Standard 10, David Farrow's Standard 10 and Martin De'Ath's Jaguar Mk II.

Finally Martin's Mini Cooper joins the concours line up

All these concours cars were raced in anger during the event the big Mk VII was incredibly quick as was Bryan's Healey 100.
Cheers
Phil

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.