SlotForum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
A wonderful idea but, alas, it is with reluctance that I can't add my name to the list of competitors for the Gaydon Wales & West. By the time I've sneaked my wallet past my wife, convinced her that I'm not taking more than a tenner to spend on cars, loaded my rucksack with tablets, wet-wipes, anti-rash cream and Belgian buns half the day will have gone, and it will be time for Crackerjack.

Last year was bad enough and she still doesn't believe that my Slot It 956 Porsche was only a quid. Just what has a bloke gotta do, eh? Anyone would think I spend my life messing about with toy cars... Life was so much simpler when I was only... 45.

Got home from Gaydon last year and I knew I was in for a roasting, so I donned my best, silly hat, and spoke in Serbo-Croat by way of reply. It didn't work so don't try it. My left ear is still twice its normal size, but a different shape from original.

But, I shouldn't complain. At least she hasn't hidden my walking sticks yet. Ah, such happy days.

Yours for imagining a long existence without reason

Pflantzgarten

· Registered
307 Posts
Steve

Are you allowing guests to enter this round? If so can we have entries for Roland Brooks, Matt Brice and Jonathan White. A long time since I've raced on the old Llantrissant track would be good to see if I still remember which way it goes!

Regards

Roly

· Registered
961 Posts
Sorry Roly only just seen your post. You are always welcome, as is Matt and Johnathan.
Didnt see you there yesterday, did you decide not to attend?

Could I also take this opportunity in Thanking Shaun for sponsoring this event and for all the work Nick put into getting the track back to its former glory. Also for Craigs help in getting al the lap times logged down. Not forgetting everyones support for the event, without you there wouldnt be any racing!!.
It was really nice to race on the old track again. It was probably the best it ever ran, no continuity problems and all the joints have been sorted.
I will post the results later on for everyone to see how they performed.

Best regards,

Steve.

· Registered
961 Posts
Here are the results from Sundays Wales and West Round.
Hope they look alright whejn I post them, not too sure how to get them all lined up correctly.

1st Ben Clements 918.22 Demon Slot
2nd Phil Field 951.83 Demon Slot
3rd Craig Jones 971.32 Demon Slot
4th Keith Clements 983.38 Demon Slot
5th Steve Jones 986.40 Demon Slot
6th Russell Powell 1001.75 Wye Valley
7th Bill Charters 1007.82 Wolves
8th John Bailey 1008.64 North Staffs
9th Richie Welch 1017.40 Wolves
10th Matt Tucker 1021.27 Rockingham
11th Wayne Goble 1028.11 Oxford
12th Mark Wain 1032.18 North Staffs
13th Ashley Evans 1039.85 Wolves
14th Josh Field 1061.58 Demon Slot
15th Nick Wixon 1099.61 Wolves
16th John Underwood 1169.83 Oxford

Regards

Steve.

· Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hi John,

No problem, pity your car lost a braid, I think you woukd have been a lot closer to the top if it wasnt for that.
Just make sure it doesnt happen when theres points up for grabs!!

Steve.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.