SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those who have being following this thread >>>>>New track idea<<<<<<< I've started a new thread as the new circuit now has a name and is starting to take shape but a long way to go still.....

As you can see its scalextric sport digital the idea is a tarmac / outer ring and a rally infield. all the cars are going to be able to drive around the main oval but only the most agressive ones will be able to drive around the infield as it will be quite tougth

will keep you all posted..

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Slotrace.dk @ 12 Aug 2007, 11:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How do you intend to make a race at that track?

start out at power base and round the oval for f1 type cars if its a rally then same start in to inside lane and cross to infield once around there then cross back to the oval and round to powerbase completeing one whole lap also plan on upgrading to powerbase pro so can have a few pace cars for when im on my own but thats on my to do list...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Well not much done this weekend just painted the track a little bit with the help of my wife she loves to help out with the scenery

here she is painting for me. the infield is going to be darker and have some kind of scenic material on top to roughen it up for the rally cars but only after I've leveled the land with the track and pinned it down.
heres some close ups

·
Registered
715 Posts
That's so cool that the young lady is helping you out and that you guys are doing that together. Completely and only respectfully she is adorable, sir. A great sporting spirit!

Great idea for a combo track. Multi-use just like the big circuits. It's great to see it taking shape. Digital/Multi Car Per Lane is creating some great outlets for the imagination. I wish you the best with your cool circuit.

-M

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
Brilliant little track! Max fun in min space! I love the change of track colour too. Be sure to get plenty of border on the rally circuit. Even lay it on a 9mm board and draw round it, cut out and lay the track in the recess. Then you can go to town on the scenery.

I am trying to persuade my wife to make some tents out of silk. The only thing I have asked for, but I think I will have to do it myself.
She's only ever driven on the circuit once too! I did catch her given a very detailed description to someone on the phone so I think she secretly likes it. Encourage your wife to take part. She's a fine lady.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Went looking for ceiling tiles for the layout and managed to find rolls of polysterine instead 7mm thick (but i think 9mm would have been better with sport track) with a pebble effect which i thought would be a good starting point for the ground instead of ones that were smooth. So cut round the track and glued down the polysterine sheeting in between the track.with a bit of help from my wife again.

its now coming on quite well next step is to paint the polysterine and then get to work on the scenery

and it ended up being quite fun to drive around too... enjoy the pics

·
Registered
326 Posts
QUOTE (spaman @ 20 Aug 2007, 08:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>With a wife like that why are you wasting time with slot cars????

Your not wrong SPARMAN.

Your a very lucky man SPZERO, make sure you look after her well!

·
Administrator
10,408 Posts
Flip, if only I could get my wife that close to a track, yet alone have her help build it!

I'm with Spaman, forget the slot cars SP, you can always come back in 30 years time

stet that - my wife came even closer with the hoover tonight and I lost my exhaust from my robust mini. Now I know I'm really sad but I sifted everything until I found it (plus 3 buttons, a puzzle piece 3 beads and an elastic band
)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes guys i am lucky indeed, i like collecting n racing the cars, we both like making it look more realistic and we both have fun with it, but there a lot of work left to do and maybe in 30 years ill have a huge track up to the standards of the best ones on here but till then its just a lil hobby as ive got plenty to do when not at the raceway.

·
Tel
4,125 Posts
A track that slides under the bed ... pure genius
... just remember its their when you get jiggy wid it

QUOTE my wife came even closer with the hoover tonight and I lost my exhaust from my robust mini. Now I know I'm really sad but I sifted everything until I found it (plus 3 buttons, a puzzle piece 3 beads and an elastic band

Thanks Riko, I nearly spilt my coffee over the keyboard reading that

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well just done a bit of painting mainly an undercoat before the scatter material goes on as i need to go buy / make some to put down. The green areas will be grass/foliage, the white is pva which will dry clear and underneath this is a few blue colours i will build up the height of pva so it will be as high as the surrounding area and hence will be a hopefully deep and lush pond area and the brown sections dark earthy/mud colours on top and various shrubs here and there but thats for another week. Heres the progress for this weekend ! enjoy !!

·
Ian
99 Posts
Spzero,
Just checking for this weekends Update and looking at your track I notice you are running over the power base in the wrong direction (you changed it round half way through) have you thought of or maybe already separated the PB from your track section?
Then you would run the right direction and wouldn't have the wires hanging over the track.
Project for next weekend

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah bleep i noticed when i set the track down all straight it hung off the end so would not go under the bed a quick change round and it was sorted i plan on disconecting the powerbase and changing the track around so its the right way i also went and bought a new powerbase and upgraded it to powerbase pro so i have a spare and considering the m/s mod but need some time to look at whats involved with this as only have two scaley power supplies and not sure of whats best, maybe wait for the output stage to be deveolped? also thinking of copper taping the track, again need to order that and decide where to get it from, read some more threads in depth and work all this out, A few other things planned as well, making some scenic items benches tables etc out off balsa, lolly sticks or similar.
Being busy this weekend with other commitments so no update as such but have a long weekend coming up with time off work if i can shift my cold and get rid of my toothache will probably get some more progress done then (hopefully)....

·
Registered
290 Posts
Well despite having a few days off work not much to report this week Ive being busy with other things! so not done much on the track, but have made a start on the scatter scenery used 'flock' of various shades and 'granite ballast' so attatched are a few pics of the progress so far. still, as always a long way to go but that will be another week,

Enjoy more updates soon

·
Registered
290 Posts
well long time no new post a lot has gone on a new puppy who wants to eat everything and with the track under the bed was liable to be next also a lot of house work but this has ment a new home for the layout...

well as you can see this is now a lot more permanant and has being able to hide a lot of stuff underneath so is very practacle and seams to have created new space in the room, On the flip side tho i now need to make barriers for the edges and check clearance for when i get the new hummer's that are ordered from power slot...

also as you can see my slot car collection on display

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.