Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
It is your choice which wheels and tires to use. ULRICH sold the chassis halves seperately, and various wheels , and various other chassis parts too. One of the local guys suggested using a clear F1 vintage style body without painting it , to show off the details of the chassis. I have found a Pactra Bugatti body but it will need to lose some of the driver cockpit and some around the rear suspension to make it work , so I am searching for something else or I will have to sharpen up the x-acto knife. I don't think Ulrich made bodies.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
They did make Minimen instant people kits. I am assuming they were in the same scale as the chassis. Some of their chassis kits feature all round suspension using real springs. Not up to the standards of 'Adams' but a lot cheaper.
Regards Allan

·
Administrator
9,651 Posts
They only ever made chassis and other bits, no complete cars. So it's basically whatever will fit. Be carefull: once you put nuts and wheels on those axles, it's pretty wide, and a lot of the earlier bodies won't fit - including that Bugatti - without a lot of cutting of the plastic.

In a way, a hot rod might be the easiest to adapt. I remember there was an article in a period magazine on this chassis with a Ferrari 275, but it was a very tight fit!

I used the back on a Caddy-Allard, but the front wouldn't fit in there comfortably, so I adapted another steering unit, sans suspension...

Don

·
Premium Member
5,147 Posts
You can use one of the Du-Bro front-engine F1 bodies, Connaught, Vanwall... or their Watson-Offy indy car body. They are large enough.
The Ulrich kits came in 3 different boxes, one for the complete rear end, another for the non-steering front-end, the last for the steering front-end. One of the boxes, I think for the rear end, contained the center brass pan.
The assembled mess is quite large, so the beautiful Ulrich wheels issued two years later are a bit small for this contraption. I would use Crawford wheels and a Connaught body, that would be the best possible combination, but finding Crawford "Dunlop" wheels might prove to be difficult.
In the meantime, the chassis could stand a bit of a cleanup...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts