SlotForum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Simply guys i cant find any engineer who can get their head around the entire system. 3 so far got to 2nd base then had to quit as they simply didnt understand it. Even culture is a factor. Your typical indian or chinese engineer is not even familiar with slots.
Simple on the outside Scorpius is extremely deep and complex. Its hard to find any product with as much electrickery. This is not product but 5 working together to make one system.This makes it hard for engineers to hop on board quickly or at all.

John ( main engineer) is commuting from Brisbane to Melbourne each week (2000 km round trip) on contract and comes home exhausted.
Ive just hired an app guy for another project who happens to do firmware. So hopefully he can do it. If nit ill have to wait for John.Ive found firmware engineers the hardest to source.
In the meantime i suggest use a relay for livening the exit flipper.

Rick

·
Registered
136 Posts
Are you missing a engineer or a good information architect?

Can a genius programmer do the job ?, preferably a programmer thats deep into slot car racing?

The engineering is done, the hardware is solid, if you are short of a channel, you need to compensate through holistic programming.!

Converge your marvellous mind with a super NERD, and you will have a sweet set-up!

minus

·
Registered
136 Posts
Are you missing a engineer or a good information architect?

Can a genius programmer do the job ?, preferably a programmer thats deep into slot car racing?

The engineering is done, the hardware is solid, if you are short of a channel, you need to compensate through holistic programming.!

Converge your marvellous mind with a super NERD, and you will have a sweet set-up!

minus
Rick, PM

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Hi Shift
Is the problem on the exit flipper when car passes straight through or when changing lanes
And is it for both lanes or just one?

Rick

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Hi Shift,
Yes Im well aware its the exit flipper and a polarity issue. If you read my post I simply ask was it straight or change?
John asked yesterday (he had spare time this morning) was it straight through or change lanes on the exit flipper that had the polarity glitch? And I need to double check as my test track wont be ready till next week.
But if youve given up I just get John to continue with car decoder project.

Rick

·
Registered
146 Posts
both right hand and left hand lane changers have the same problem. When a car changes from the left lane to the right lane the exit flipper changes to the correct polarity for the car changing lanes, however it never changes back to the correct polarity for the right lane. it will eventually change back to the correct polarity if a car in the left lane goes strait and dose not change lanes.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts