SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the ultimate pit lane setup. I am not limited by size or track and want the best setup (multilanes or whatever etc). I am in the design phase and have not had a digital track yet so, I have not been able to play with it to see how it works, but I want to make sure I order the right stuff the first time if possible.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
You will need to know if your coming into the pits from left or right as the pit lanes ar sold left or right.

Most people with space create a two lane pit with one or two XLS to allow more than one car in the pits at a time.

You then need to decide if your going to run with pit-pro or not, if you are then I suggest the upgra rich doese with the pit in and pit out options.

You then need to work out a track size, design a track and deign the pit along with the track

I hope this helps

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be coming in from the right from the looks of my layout so far. I was planning on using all the upgraded computer stuff, but not sure if I need PB-pro with the new 6 car powerbase? I was planning to use SSDC, but will also get PB-pro, if that is what it takes to get all the refuel options etc. Basically, I am building an all options track and my size is not really limited. I just want to get all the features of the track that I want into one track.

Have a link to the best pit box setup with what I have described so far?

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Jevs,

Where are you located? You might find a local digital club which would help you look at options.

Do you have a track layout, are you using any track design software?

Pit-pro and pb-pro are two different things, if you have the new 6 car APB there are options available but pb-pro is not one of them

I've just started using the APB for a small home track, upgraded to the latest firmware. I use SSDC, although there are still a few teething problems Andy is still working on.

If you need more power I know Riko can perform an upgrade to allow more amps.

You will also need a USB cable to connect which both Riko and Rich G sell.

If your looking for pit scenery and don't want to make it yourself I about the Carrera puts as they are well made and are plastic, not card.

Are you doing a full scenery layout?

If you provide you available space dimensions there are some guys in here that like nothing more than deigning tracks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No digital slot tracks around here. Not much of any tracks really. I am about an hour Southwest of St. Louis. I plan to build a track that will take care of any needs to go anywhere else. I expect my friends will come here to use my track. As far as space I have tons of room (2000-2500 square foot left in the basement that is not being used). Right now I am designing with no size restraints, just getting all the features packed in that I want, then if I need to I will tweek it to fit the basement. For now I am at about 12x20', but still tweaking and adding stuff that I want. I am using Ultimate Racer 3.0 to lay it out. I just need to figure out the track pieces and get it all ordered. I can concentrate on the electronics and mods after that. As for scenery, I might add that after the track is proven.

I would post a pic of my work in progress, but I don't see an option to add a picture here without going out to some other hosting service (which is time consuming)?

·
Greg Gaub
14,981 Posts
You'll need a photo hosting service (sometimes your own ISP provides web space, which means photo storage), or sign up for a SlotForum Plus+ account to get photo storage on SlotForum itself. The latter ensures that so long as SlotForum exists, so do your photos. Other options have a habit of disappearing.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Another option is to join the Forum as a Plus+ member. Amongst other benefits, it gives you space to upload your pictures to your own gallery or you can post directly from your PC to your posting, and it doesn't cost an arm or a leg.

·
Andrew Wallace
1,100 Posts
Have a look at the pitlane that we had for the SlotForum track at the 2011 Slot Car Festival. The XLCs were modified so that you could enter a bay, but the flippers were taped so that you could not drive straight on into the next bay. Here is a pic - there are others in my gallery.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
There you have it.... an elegant/simple way to have individual pit lanes with drive through lane and zero cost (except for tape).

Brilliant!

Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (ss67 @ 28 Nov 2011, 10:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It may not be the ultimate pit lane but I like it!

I use pitpro, SSDC and a 4 lane separated start finish for 3 lane start & pit exit.

Superb Layout something like i would like for my setup, once the attic is finally cleared, Really like the look of these pit lanes, going to definatley borrow those for my track, and it's given me another idea , dismantle the pit lane game tower and mount the 3 led indicators on each of the pit buildings and the green and red lights as a traffic light on the pit entry, hopefully only a bit of soldering needed. I hope my wife isn't planning on seeing much of me for the forseeable future

1 - 12 of 12 Posts