a test release of ultimate racer 4.0 is available to courageous testers at:

http://www.uracerweb.org/URProject/UR40LayoutTests.txt

Major feature changes between rev 3.0 and 4.0:
- full 3d layout editor
- new gui based on cad designers
- group object management, including track sections
- new track library editor with 3d scenery object attachment
- track section emf textures replaced by more realistic png image textures
- 3d track section extrusion replaced by algorithms keeping track section lengths unchanged

(and more...)
Java 11 means I can setup UR40 in a Mac OS running Java 11 ?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Hi all,
I have completed track system files for ScaleAuto track system, apart from a couple of bugs I can't identify in border display, and 12 lane multilane layout menu display.
menu1.jpg

I made two sets of borders, one in real colour grey, one in red/white for easy viewing in designs.

design.jpg

Anyone who wants is welcome to a copy.

Pierrick is going to look at those bugs for me, and will update, then add to the UR30 downloads library.
Meanwhile, feel free to pm me with your email address and I will send on to you.
They go into the LIBRARY directory.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
CrustyPop.

Not sure who the Oz distributor is these days - but maybe check in with Atomic Slotcars in Sydney- Johnny Lee. I imagine he will know.

Scaleauto have product in their China factory distribution centre as well as European distribution centre.

Meanwhile, back at the shed.

Pierrick Guillard-Prevert has published an update to his "Ultimate Racer" software in the layouts module.
The new download is version UR 3.0.31r1

He has added the ScaleAuto (and Policar) track file definitions I wrote for the layout editor, plus a couple of other modifications he has made himself, as noted on his page linked below.

http://www.uracerweb.org/index.html

These track file definitions are now part of every download.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
When will everybody write race management and track designer software for Mac
censored.gif
The market is probably too small for anyone to invest the time to write race management software. And given that there are so many older PCs lying about that have been upgraded/replaced, the norm is that even hardened Mac users can usually access an old PC to leave as a dedicated unit, there isn't much actual "need"

But for track design software there is RailModeller for Mac, which includes pretty much every track system except ScaleAuto; and I am about to contact Jan (the owner) and pass him the ScaleAuto track specifications, so he can add that system into the software capabilities.

Only downside is that, being based on a model railway software, it doesn't include borders.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
And an update

Pierrick says the UR software is limited to 10 lanes in the concept, so you cannot get a 12 lane sections menu, but because of the way the track definition files are done; the 12 lane/6 section wide pieces do work, but are shown under the 10 lane menu.

He is aware there is some kind of bug in the way some borders show the "red dot" which indicates they will "snap to position" against the relevant trak section, but they do all do this okay.

In the 6 lanes module, it places all sections under menu "6 lane straight", he will alter this menu description - (& may have done so in the new release), to read "6 lane sections" as it contains both straight and curve pieces, in the same way as the 8 and 10 lanes modules work.

·
Registered
Policar track
27 Posts
Is anyone in contact with the owner of Ultimate Racer by chance??

I purchased a license and have yet to receive anything and no response to any of my e-mails.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.