SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANyone know how to avoid this problem? the length keeps reporting differently in circuit properties depending on whether i have the full track sellected (as in ctrl A all peices sellected) or no peices selected just viewing the tiles?

I thought i had made an equidistance track until i sellected all peices and viewed the properties. Really annoying as genuinly I dont know how long my track is...! I might have to resort to measuring the curve lengths and totting it up manually in excel as I have little confidence in ultimate racer getting it right...!

Anyone have any advise if I'm doing something wrong?

·
Registered
583 Posts
when you put track pieces down ,you need to check that they are joined . best way to check is to go to circuit and change one of the lane colours .you will see that only some have changed .just click on the first piece and all will change colour ,if so you will then have right lane lengths

·
Registered
583 Posts
i use a table size of 5.4 m (18 ft ) x 1.8m (6 ft ) for all my plans

to get equal length lanes .you nearly always need to put in a loop overpass somewhere

although not always the case as i still end up with some 2 ft different

but out of 70 designs using the same number and type of pieces about 55 of them are equal

all my track designs are 66 ft

i think i am as much addicted to track design as i am slotcars ,well ,maybe not

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha i agree Crustypop its great fun

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll check it out to make sure its joined

How do i set my table size by the way?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just tried it again after changing colours. first by just clicking properties and second by selecting each track segment with the selection tool

R6OVUTP.png

pVJFrNl.png

i'm trying to put cross overs in to equil it out but i'm not really sure which is the correct measurement. May have to put the corner peice lengths into excel and do it manually!

·
ParrotGod
11,090 Posts
you have a fig of 8 so the lanes length should be same without the cross overs.

So remove them and see what is the actual length of each lane.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

The cross overs were put in because without them there was about a 1m length difference!

I was thinking along you lines that logically they should be the same but the logic doesn't follow if you aren't symmetrical I.e if you had 5 straights one side of the figure but turned them into a hairpined section the other side in their place

·
Registered
60 Posts
To guarantee equal lane lengths with a bridge you need to have equal number of left and right turns and the corner radius of left hand turns needs to be the same as the right hand turns.

·
ParrotGod
11,090 Posts
I might be wrong but once you have a fig of eight the lanes equalise - no need to fettle with counting right and left turns, radii etc.

And in fact, I have replicated A_S layout on my Track Power using Scalex Sport and the lanes are exactly the same without any cross over:14.72m

·
Registered
651 Posts
ANyone know how to avoid this problem? the length keeps reporting differently in circuit properties depending on whether I have the full track sellected (as in ctrl A all peices sellected) or no peices selected just viewing the tiles?

I thought I had made an equidistance track until I sellected all peices and viewed the properties. Really annoying as genuinly I dont know how long my track is...! I might have to resort to measuring the curve lengths and totting it up manually in excel as I have little confidence in ultimate racer getting it right...!

Anyone have any advise if I'm doing something wrong?
You don't need to select all pieces to get the track length. Just right click on one piece, then click on 'properties'.

Rectangle Product Font Computer Slope

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.