SlotForum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
rob Wallader
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife has given me a ultimatum, I either clean up my work bench or she will.
I don't know what she is on about. I cleaned it up this morning!

I have around 20 un-finished projects. She just doesn't understand. Everything is in just the right place so I can put my hand on it when I need it.
If she thinks this is a mess, she had better not go in the second garage where I spray my cars up!

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi Rob.
That is so tidy!!!
I wish my work station was as neat as that!
Are you Gay!.... Sorry I probably can't say that so if a Mod is about to delete me, I understand.
Regards Bill.
P. S. BTW its 'an' not 'a'...

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Rob
You get carpet and natural light! I thought we were all banished to the deepest darkest places if we are lucky enough to have a room for a workbench! I would tidy to a standard that meets approval otherwise you might be force ably removed to darker places!

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Guys, be careful what you post in case the mrs hacks your SF account,

In one post cant exactly remember where on SF, there was evidence of a saucy fancy dress costume, as if its not hers, you'll be in a whole lot more trouble than you would be if she finds all the boxed cars you've got stashed......

·
rob Wallader
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Matt, The room started life as my office for when I fancied working from home. It soon turned into my slot car room.

Chris, at least I'm not alone. I feel better now.

Simon, People often talk in the third person when in fact they are really talking about their selves. Is it your saucy fancy dress? are you trying to tell us all something.

Rob

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
The workbench looks in top shape to me.

I've usually got so many things on the go at once mine tends to look like a disaster area. But I always have what I need within easy reach, unless His Lordship has moved it when looking for something else.

Embs

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hum Normadic racer i like your room fantastic mine is in the garage in the bowels of the earth where i train the pet spider who insists on running on the track with the cars i just had to renew the light bulb while the other half was not looking she counts them you know, i have not seen the bench top in years i have lost one or two things in amongst the debri there was half a sandwich here some where i expect the racing mouse has it oh well winters coming i had better get some oil for the heater it's getting cold in here is it daylight yet!!!. Keith.

·
provider of comestables
833 Posts
I would take a photo but the flash does not work here in the cellar. I have the gentle wash of the flow of damp over my feet but it does keep the dust down, sometimes i can get radio reception and know whats happening above me in the sunlight. The hessian sacks have finally started to block the draft which is a god send in winter but means i dont have to worry unduely about the fumes from paint spraying the rest of the year. Can i come out now dear??!!

·
Registered
641 Posts
I too have been given "the ultimatum" on several occasions, usually just after she who lives in the warm finds a credit card bill lying around. I have a small workspace in what used to be a decent sized garage until swlitw wanted a larger kitchen (for me to cook her food in). I can't fit me and a camera in there at the same time so have only managed to get a small area captured to show you. Does have light and power so can't moan too much.

Sadly everything in that picture was sold ( to fund the new suspension my Landy needed) but it is slowly being replaced. Ssssssh! Walls have ears!

·
rob Wallader
785 Posts
Cheers Snurfen,
Yes the left handed doldering iron takes a bit of getting used to. Im a lot better with it then I am with the steam Iron.

Petre,
That room is far too tidy! you must have trained your wife to clean up. I cant see a man being that tidy.

Rob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts