SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, correct.
A Russkit Pan Chassis with original 鈥23鈥 motor.
the wheels are Cox Mags Chaparral design. All in all. This car displays very nice but Its performance as a race car has deteriorated with these wheel and body upgrades.

Registered
I always wondered Stafano , why they called that Russkit pan chassis ... The Russkit Carrera chassis ???? It's basically an aluminium chassis and very close to the plastic Carrera Rennchassis of the Carrera La Bostella . So , who copied who ? Pics are of my Russkit Hustler with the Russkit gold 23 Mabuchi motor and Carrera La Bostella with a Buhler motor .
Zig
Automotive design Electric blue Box Plastic Fashion accessory

Electric blue Toy Motor vehicle Auto part Plastic

Administrator
Good question Zig.

The Russkit "Carrera" line came out in 1966 for the sidewinder chassis (the inline chassis on the F1 cars, also called Carrera, came out a bit later). When did Carrera release their model?

I would be inclined to say there was very little international copying, but not sure that's true! In any case, the "pan chassis" was a very old design in the USA, more so than in England in fact.

Don

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I always wondered Stafano , why they called that Russkit pan chassis ... The Russkit Carrera chassis ???? It's basically an aluminium chassis and very close to the plastic Carrera Rennchassis of the Carrera La Bostella . So , who copied who ? Pics are of my Russkit Hustler with the Russkit gold 23 Mabuchi motor and Carrera La Bostella with a Buhler motor .
Zig View attachment 328637
View attachment 328636
Hi Zig!
The 鈥淩ennchassis鈥 from Carrera came out in 67/68 if I remember well. This means that the Russkit Pan chassis should be a little older than the Rennchassis.
I agree with Don: probably there was no copying and the two projects went on separately. For sure the Rennchassis was very competitive when it showed up at the time: many Italian racers switched to it.

Premium Member
Zig, once more, please refer to "Slot Car Dreams" page 126, column 3. Pictures on page 127.
Then go to page 174, column 4.
Your answers are there.
Of course, Carrera (JNF, Josef Neuhierl) copied Russkit, as many European, south American and Japanese slot cars were based/inspired by the Russkit "pan" chassis.

Registered
Sorry Philippe , I lent " The Book" to a friend ages ago , still haven't got it back . But the problem , can't remember which friend has it !
I guess in a way , it's great revision having the author post . Make no mistake Philippe , we all admire your talent , knowledge , continual enthusiasm for the hobby and we have the highest respect for you . Keep on keeping on !
Zig

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You LENT "Slot Car Dreams" to a friend and you can't remember which???
This is akin to utter negligence or even mortal sin!!! :eek:

Unless you are talking about the "old" book, and if so, you are forgiven. :)
鈥淎ges ago鈥 hopefully should mean the OLD one, for the sake of Zig 馃ぃ

1 - 16 of 16 Posts