SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
Being a sucker for Jags I've got a couple of things lately from ebay that either aren't what they seemed or weren't really described at all
and I was hoping someone might have some wisdom they could share

The first was described as a Jaguar XJ13 (with a question mark), and I'm sure it isn't
The tyres have Scalextric on the tyre wall, but I'm not falling into the trap of thinking that means it definitely is a Scalextric car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6.../in/photostream
I have a couple of ideas of what it MAY be, but I won't embarrass myself by making suggestions.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/7.../in/photostream
the long tail is what has really thrown me when I have been flicking through old catalogues.
Here's the underneath

The other IS an e type
I should have taken a pic of the back, but the rear bumper is just plain red as per the front
here again is the underside.
https://flic.kr/p/7122203969
Any info anyone can shed on the manufaturer or dates of these cars would be very much appreciated, as it's feeling strange to have them in my collection
but not know anything about them!
Regards
Robin

(or any ideas on how to post photos?! is it not possible from flickr?)

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Hi Robin, can't get to your photos without a Yahoo account. Do you need to change the access permissions or something?

·
Registered
576 Posts
The green one is a Ford 3L/P68 made by Scalextric in 1969/70, and reissued in 1992.
In modern times (today) available from makers NSR and Racer.

NSR Ford P68:

Racer Ford P68:

The red Jaguar is a Strombecker from the mid 1960s.
Another one here, in black:

·
Registered
633 Posts
QUOTE (jagman77 @ 28 Apr 2012, 21:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Regards
Robin

(or any ideas on how to post photos?! is it not possible from flickr?)

Robin to upload pics from frickr: (I've only just learned myself)

When on Slotforum and you wish to post a photo, open flickr in another window
1) Click on your pic. in flickr.
2) Click on "Actions"
3) Select "View all sizes"
4) Right click the pic then left click the "copy image url"

ok?

Back to the 'Slotforum' message box, at the top you'll see a funny face (emoticons) with an arrow pointing down on each side of it, do you see it? Well on the second box to the right of that funny face, click on 'Insert Image'.
A box will appear for you to 'paste' the url you have already copied (note 4).

That will bring your pic up on your post without anybody having to click the link. Magic.

My instruction sounds complicated and difficult...and it is until you learn it.

PM me if you need further instruction.

Happy posting

Here's my Scalextric E-Type Jag (from flickr) a bit 'grainy'

Billy.

·
Administrator
10,131 Posts
Thats my signature car!

There were two versions, a kit made one with an aluminium chassis and yours which was a ready to race version came in a display case with clear top and the car was held to the base by an elastic thing with T end pieces. Made by Airfix/MRRC they were still on sale in the early 90's in my local model shop.

The Airfix description was Ford 3 Litre.

·
Registered
361 Posts
QUOTE (RikoRocket @ 29 Apr 2012, 03:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There were two versions, a kit made one with an aluminium chassis and yours which was a ready to race version came in a display case with clear top and the car was held to the base by an elastic thing with T end pieces. Made by Airfix/MRRC they were still on sale in the early 90's in my local model shop.

The Airfix description was Ford 3 Litre.

By the way, I have seen them sold with Johnson 111 and 222. I suppose both versions were made by Airfix?? Also there was a ballrace too, not just Slimline motor, right?

·
Phil Smith
2,626 Posts
As far as I am aware there was not a 'ballrace' version of the Ford 3L, and yes it was available in Hi-Speed form with both the 222 style motor and the smaller 111.

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Jouef made a nice range of ETypes during the 60s Jagman.
Cheers
Kev.

& Japanese firm IMAI also made a nice version.

·
redstar
1,601 Posts
Hi,
Here's a bunch of XKEs in the museum. All will be from left to right.

1st-Germany-Marklin,Stabo,Carrera,Uropia.
2nd-Italy & Yugoslavia-Policar,Tempo.
3rd-France-C24,Jouef x 4,
4th-UK-Scalextric,s,Supershells,Airfix,Minic,Minic,
5th-Hong Kong-Cragstan,Cragstan,
6th-Japan-Kongure,Sanwa,Bandai,Imai,MT,Bandai,Bullmark,Marusan.
7th-USA-Marx,Varney,Strombecker,Lionel,Revell,Gilbert,Ideal,Lionel,Lionel,Atlas,Aurora,T
yco,Marx.

Thanks,Bernard

·
Administrator
10,131 Posts
QUOTE (SL0TCAR @ 30 Apr 2012, 00:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Airfix Jag in for an M.O.T. (failed)

No windscreen wipers and the rear number plate has fallen off, didn't you do a pre-MOT check???

·
Registered
633 Posts
QUOTE (RikoRocket @ 30 Apr 2012, 16:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No windscreen wipers and the rear number plate has fallen off, didn't you do a pre-MOT check???
.....and the Horn doesn't beep, what a pile of....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts