SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, after months of faffing, fun and frustration, our new 19m, Scalextric SSD circuit is (more or less) up and running... raceable - complete with trial, Race Mangement Systems. A very big thanks to everyone for giving me / us such a warm welcome to the hobby. Your patience and enthusiasm is greatly appreciated; I am both a positive and reasonably practical person, but I have wondered if I would have got this far without you! Thanks espeically to Greg K, Dave Stevens and the guys at the East Devon club, Rikorocket and Mr Modifier.

Pics and progress files will follow, as mentioned earlier.

If there is anyone else in the Weymouth / Portland area on here, Jon (my racing mate / buddy) and I would be very pleased to hear from you.

Keith

·
Circuit Owner
5,905 Posts
Great news Keith - I hope you get many pleasurable hours of racing from your new track.

And if I could figure out the new forum interface I would give you a smiley and a thumbs up.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
wow im so pleased to hear your up and running , have you got any contact details and will you have club nights is its bring your own cars or do you supply
xmas.gif
im in crewkerne always good to get more local clubs up and running , what classes will you run

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi Slotterkeith

Glad to hear you are up and running.

Please feel free to visit East Devon Slot Racing Club again soon, you and Jon are most welcome.

xjr1300sp

Hi, also.

Your only about 1/2 hour away from our club, on the outskirts of Honiton, you too are most welcome to come and race on a Friday evening.

PM me if interested.

Regards

Ron Lane

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the encouragement everyone we are only just establishing our circuit and would be pleased to meet some, local-ish like-minded individuals. I will send forward further details by PM / phone. Keith.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi Keith. This is potentially great news for me as I live in Weymouth. I've sent you a PM.

Cheers

Alan Manton

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Anyone in the Weymouth area interested in making the trip down to East Devon ? A fellow racer from Weymouth Wayne Taylor has been coming down to race with us, but dislikes having to make the journey alone..

Dave Stevens

East Devon Slot Racing Club

1 - 8 of 8 Posts