Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again! I started this project last year, with the body from an Airfix kit. Some of you might remember my first thread about this (here). I personally thought that that body left a lot to be desired regarding the general shape of the car. So I bought a tube of Humbrol filler and started fiddling with the shape. Luckily things like width and length were accurate from the kit, so the main thing was to try to get the shape right. Well, that was not as easy as I had thought, mainly because the windscreen, sidewindows and the pillars between, were way wrong, shape wise. Apart from that I changed the front rear and sides of the car. The shape of this car is very complex I realised, t's not easy getting those compund curves right. So it's easy to complain about the shapes of cars that come out from the manufacturers, but it's another trying to get it perfect yourself. Then again they should have way better resourses at hand. I got tired of trying to perfect this car several times, but I still took it up again until one day when I'd just had enough. It won't be perfect but it's close enough. So I finally painted the car. I used Humbrol enamel paints as I usually do, and the red needed a tiny bit of yellow in it to get a slightly warmer red tone. I did four thin red coats with my brushes, (wishing I had an airbrush...) and sanded carefully between each coat. I'm currently looking for a good acrylic clearcote to seal the decals. I've also put lights in it, but I'll have to get some bigger capasitors. There are many more things to tell about the construction, of it all but I thought I'd just give you all some teaser pics. More to come later...