SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Info provided by GetSlotted
QUOTE: For those of you that may have missed the news, Scalextric will no longer be producing the Ford Torino Starsky and Hutch car as a single Sport Limited Edition. This has now been replaced by the Sport twin pack containing the Ford Torino and a black Chevrolet Covette L88. They will however still be producing a standard version of the Torino (clear case). Those of you that have ordered the Sports version will automatically receive the Twin Sports Version.

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Calling the measurements brigade!!!!!

Can somebody check up on the Torino specs, coz I can not see any good reason why it should be soooooo much bigger than a Camaro!

From what I've heard from early spying reports, it even makes the Carrera "Aero" cars look like tiddlers!

I just hope the drawings haven't been done by the person who did the "black window" DTMs

Mr.M

·
Registered
161 Posts
By the time it hits the shelves, all the hype surrounding the film will have died off. I believe that Scaley have missed a MASSIVE oppourtunity here.

Similarly, the bikes should have been on sale now to cash in on the coverage of the start of the MotoGP season.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The Torino is Scaleys largest ever car and the 1:1 version is 18ft 6in long.

The 1:32 version just fits into a crystal case by about 4mm.

The film tie in is not too important as the car will be around for a while in crystal case and set form and there will be the future DVD release and the film appearances on Sky and terrestial TV. It would have been more important had the film been released just before Xmas.

And there may well be a second film in due course anyway.

Is the licence linked to the film?

Folk here previously said it was not and it is the TV stars who appear on the box.

Moped

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I believe scalextrics have said that their torino release is with respect (and licence) to the TV series, and in no way whatsoever affiliated with the identical torino in the recent motion picture. I suspect the reason that the car was not released at the time of the film is for licencing reasons

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ahhhh - I haven't made the lack off connection between the set and the film stars. just thought that with a film coming out, the car was licenced in a similar way to the Italian Job was.

I will stand corrected!

·
Registered
420 Posts
rumour has it there is a Torino 'fever' going on in the states...

//peter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts