SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A much awaited bugfix release for oXigen 3.x series has been released.

It clears up a serious bug (actually, two) which caused erratic car behaviour, as experienced by many customers.

For now, the fix is for Controller (upgrade to firmware 3.02), and chip type B1 (upgrade to firmware 3.02). We're working on the same fix for type C and we expect it to be released in a few days, as soon as testing is completed.

No dongle upgrade necessary (3.10).

Testers reported, as expected, a faster response by 3rd party RMS programs, and a very stable link between the controller and the car.

If it does what we expect, the 3.0 series is an important step forward, as comms between all parts of the system should be very stable - i.e. noticeable decrease in drops.

Grab it from here:

http://www.slot.it/Download/oXigen/Firmware/firmware-latest.zip

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello,

This evening I did update the firmware of the controller and the cars. The controllers were all right and have no problems.
But with updating all my cars (14 cars) I have problems with 2 cars. I did connect them and while it was updating I get an error message with some strange sign.
I disconnect it and want to try it again but it couldnt connect the car anymore. The red light on the chip was not turning on when I put the car on the (powered) track. If have the same problem with a second car.
Other cars had not this problem.

No I have the question how to put some old firmware back on the car so it would work again. And then trying to update it again.

Have some of you the same problem?

Greets,

Marco

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello Matt,

Thanks for youre reply.

So while you were updating, the chip "stop" working and you didnt get it working again?

I've been updating the chips for more then 2 years now. Never had problems, even not with the chips which stop working now.

I hope some one have a solution? Maybe Maurizio knows why this happend?

Greets,

Marco

·
Premium Member
2,000 Posts
Hello,

This evening I did update the firmware of the controller and the cars. The controllers were all right and have no problems.
But with updating all my cars (14 cars) I have problems with 2 cars. I did connect them and while it was updating I get an error message with some strange sign.
I disconnect it and want to try it again but it couldnt connect the car anymore. The red light on the chip was not turning on when I put the car on the (powered) track. If have the same problem with a second car.
Other cars had not this problem.

No I have the question how to put some old firmware back on the car so it would work again. And then trying to update it again.

Have some of you the same problem?

Greets,

Marco
I have had two failures out of 12 cars updated!! just the same as you describe...... the chip is not contactable by the bootloader or able to be paired with, it is in effect dead! Hope a remedy can be found otherwise it will become a risky and expensive procedure to update firmware

Dave

·
Vendor
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi all.

This is unexpected, and we will certainly handle this. Mr. Flippant is correct, if they are frozen they must be shipped back for replacement.

Sorry for answering so late.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
I have had two failures out of 12 cars updated!! just the same as you describe...... the chip is not contactable by the bootloader or able to be paired with, it is in effect dead! Hope a remedy can be found otherwise it will become a risky and expensive procedure to update firmware

Dave
Hello Dave, my answer is a bit off topic as the OP is about the new C (and B2) Chips.

For older O201b and 0201b1 chips that have gone non communicative and can't be accessed via the current bootloader there is a last resort that may get you back in.

We had a few issues as you decsribed with O201 chips at the 2018 Suzuka 6hrs. While updating to the then latest boot loader version they went offline and could not be revived.
Luckily Stefan Kievit keeps all versions of the boot loader firmware as a back up.
By going back several versions of the bootloader firmware, we not only managed to regain contact with some of the non responsive chips...we even managed to revive some old chips that had been presumed K.I.A for months.

Might be worth a shot

with kind regards
Tamar

·
Premium Member
2,000 Posts
Hello Dave, my answer is a bit off topic as the OP is about the new C (and B2) Chips.

For older O201b and 0201b1 chips that have gone non communicative and can't be accessed via the current bootloader there is a last resort that may get you back in.

We had a few issues as you decsribed with O201 chips at the 2018 Suzuka 6hrs. While updating to the then latest boot loader version they went offline and could not be revived.
Luckily Stefan Kievit keeps all versions of the boot loader firmware as a back up.
By going back several versions of the bootloader firmware, we not only managed to regain contact with some of the non responsive chips...we even managed to revive some old chips that had been presumed K.I.A for months.

Might be worth a shot

with kind regards
Tamar
That is certainly worth a shot Tamar, thank you.

Do you know how I can get hold of an old version of the boot loader?

Dave

·
Registered
41 Posts
@Tamar: controlling two old notebooks i found O2_Bootloader_102.zip and _100

are versions 1.00 or 1.02 too old, or are they helpfully in this case ?

regards,

mike (Vienna)

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Sorry guys, your guess is as good and mine. I would have to ask Stefan.
But logic has it that it would be wise to have "stepped" versions of the boot loader firmware..so you can go back in time and back to the future ;)

with kind regards

Tamar.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts