SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
300SLR
I don't know why Mick has worded it that way.
Real problems with older pre war (non racing) stuff to get definitive track or W/Base measurements, as so many of these cars had 2 or three chassis, and then sent to the coachbuilders for any number of body type to be fitted.
As I read it, in brackets at the end of the specs, it says 'Track will be measured across the tyres' to my mind this suggests a track figure + 5mm for the tyre width and then you have another 5mm to play with for your +/-
But, I may have got it wrong as well!
No doubt Mick will clarify the situation.
Regards Bill.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi Mick,
I dont think you could word it any better, as although you may have to read it a couple of times, the end result is; The track figure for that model (assuming you can agree on it!) +/- 5mm which in reality will be + 5mm.
One thing I would urge is a drop in minimum rear wheel diameter to 25 mm/1 inch and maybe a clause for under 2 litre sports to use smaller (23mm rears). There is no need to enforce larger than real racing car wheels of the era on sports cars, as in the main they were the same or a little smaller.It also nicely dovetails into the Brooklands rules, which tony and I had the sports cars of the time in mind as well.
Just my suggestion.
Regards Bill

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi Mick.
I don't see many problems with the wheel dimensions of later stuff, it is mostly pre War and the earlier you go, the more pronounced the dimension differences between the 'Big stuff' and 'tiddlers' were.
From the 60's onwards, you are as good a person as anyone to get those wheel/tyre dimensions right!
Regards Bill.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi Mick.
Big can of worms here!
As we both know, the potential for 'RTR' models from NSR/Slot It to dominiate the later classes is self evident.
But...how much do we slow them down by insisting on scratch built dimensions?
A little, no doubt..but to the degree that makes guys want to build scratch chassis!!??
This issue is at the nub of 'Classic/Retro slot racing.
Regards Bill.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi David.
I think with any changes there are always winners and losers. Mick did it by the book, bothering to take votes from the regular classic/retro runners and these are the consensus results.
As for the increase in Classes I think this is all good. It is quite possible, in fact likely, that no club or individual will organise an event to many of, or indeed any of the 'new' classes in the near future. The good reason for having them is if someone, club or individual does want to promote an event for these models, there are sensible, well thought our rules ready to use, all on one website.
The vast majority of models so far built to VECRA/CSCRA rules will still be able to compete in the 2011 version(s) of the class rules.
Regards Bill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.