SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Some comments on the Sports/Gt classes.

The sub-headings (such as "The front engine sports car era" in Class 3) could read in different ways, some as indicative and some as definative.

There were some rear engined sports cars in 1962, Porsche and Lotus spring to mind immediately but I don't think the intention is to exclude these and neither is it necessary in my view.

Similar comments apply to Classes 5,7&8.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
QUOTE I didn't attend Dick Smiths festival becasue I didn't have a suitable sports car, now that I have finally built one it is rendered illegal.

But that assumes that we will have the same sports class every year!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Hi Mick

QUOTE We have actually written out a time line for all three classes, GP, Sports and Saloon, looking for dates when significant changes to the cars occured.

Very thorough, I would quite like a copy of that time line......Early Birds will do.

I fact I think the description of the sports classes are quite useful. Perhaps leave them in enclosing them in brackets with a note that the wording in brackets are for guidance only.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.