SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This is my first post and I am very sorry if this is in the wrong area or has been addressed previously.

I must admit that while I've played around with Scalextric all my life, I've now just entered into the world of digital and must say it is fantastic.

I've undertaken a little research and regard myself as being very lucky to have acquired one of the original Scalextric Lane Change Challenge sets in nearly new condition at a very cheap price.

It also came complete with a super C7030 V1.5 six car powerbase.

On looking around the internet, one of the things that really appeals to me is the option to run a pacer car. While the newer C7042 has the option to do this out of the box, I have read with interest that the C7030 can be upgraded to do it as well.

To do so, and from my reading and understanding, I believe I need to do the following:

1) Upgrade the powerbase so the new software can be installed
2) Install an S-H power board (optional)
3) Acquire an 'Aux to USB' cable to connect the powerbase to my computer
4) Obtain the new software
5) Install the software

I hope this covers all the steps required to perform the upgrade.

If so, I would be very grateful for help with the following:

• As these powerbases are a little uncommon, is it still possible for it to be upgraded?
• How much will it cost to upgrade the powerbase so it can accept the enhanced software?
• As I am a casual racer I don't think I'll need an S-H power board, but how much will is cost to install this board?
• Where can I obtain the software from and again how much does this cost?
• Finally, where can I get this upgrade carried out?

Many thanks in advance
Paul

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Many thanks for your quick replies. I'll PM Riko Rocket and RichG as suggested.

Oh, to answer your question Michael, I live in Urmston, Manchester (near the Trafford Centre).

All the very best
Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts