SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Looks fine to me ...... note the diodes for both chips are identical ......

Also be aware that it would be unfair for a standard Scalextric chipped car to try and compete against a car with one of these modified chips installed. I understand that SSDC had a re-write of the fuel-burn algorithm to accommodate the severe decrease in fuel usage because of these modded chips.

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
This thread is a HOWTO ....... you will learn a shed-load more if you work through this yourself ......

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Thanks for the compliment but RichG is the genius ........ I am just surfing his wake.

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
The biggest chip on the Scalextric PCB is the micro-processor, the other big one is an 8-legged voltage regulator ...... let's hope that it's the latter of the two that your threw away ....

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
QUOTE even if the chips are dead its still not an expensive learning curve
Without the voltage regulator there is a strong possibility that you may have fried most everything else .....

Two roasted chips is ~£23 so far ....... sounds like an expensive learning curve to me ....

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Two years on and better, single MOSFETs are available, examples can be seen here. I now only use the dual MOSFETs on Slot.it chips

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.