SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Hi,

This thread has been running for some years now and if I'm honest I've gotten a little lost.

I wondered if someone could confirm that the details I have below are the correct details.

To upgrade a Saloon chip or DPR chip I need the following

1 x ZXMC3A16D to replace the N02 & P03 output mosfets
4 x 20BQ3A16D to replace the diodes.

To upgrade an F1 chip

1 x ZXMC3A16D to replace the N02 & P03 output mosfets
4 x 15MQ040N Schottky diodes

The next issue I have is tracking down the parts, I cant seem to find 20BQ3A16D to replace the diodes on the websites stated.

I have found some bits on RS but not all.

If someone could confirm the details, even better if links to them could be provided.

Thank you.

Colin

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Thanks for te reply.

I can't find the diodes for the saloon chip.

Can anyone supply a link to someone that sells these in the UK. As I don't understand the specs of the components I don't want to risk swapping out the wrong bits.

I've tried RS, farnells and rapid with no luck.

Thanks again.

Colin

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
I will happily update the thread with how I got on, any issues I hit as a "standard mod'er" rather than a "genius mod'er" such as RichG and GregK

Thank you everyone for your help.

I will order the bits and stick them in the "to do" pile, you guys know the one, it gets bigger every week and when you look at it you wonder what you were thinking.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
I really need to read twice, solder once.

My first two attempts would have been fine except I didn't have a print out when I was doing the work. Fitted the 4 diodes but for some reason the bigger chip I swapped for the one on the board instead of replacing the two tiny chips, no supprise that they didn't work.

Lets hope Farnells stock the chips I through away so I can undo my mistake

F1 Chip three looks like a winner though

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Greg,

Yeah, the 8 legged on, it looks the same as the chip I need to add so got confused

Its a learning curve and even if the chips are dead its still not an expensive learning curve, just an annoying one.

As I say though, its the voltage regulator so I will simply get the part number and order two more (hopefully) and the replace the chip again.

Doing the upgrades gives me something to do at lunch that doesn't involve sitting in front of a computer screen so I will be upgrading LOTS of chips

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Just had a look at the F1 DPR chip, I don't think I will be upgrading those!!!!

Oh, Does anyone know if the F1 DPR will be sufficient to run a Fly Truck? (Not sure what motor it has)

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Not in comparison to some learning curves

Plus, the PSU I was testing it with is a little on the posh side and simply put 0v through so they may still be alive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.