SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive been readin about upgrading options etc, and having a sport set already with approx 100 cars, i've decided maybe the time is comin that I upgrade to digital with the 6 car pb. so my question is, whats the cheaper option, buying the scalex platinum set so i can the controllers, 6 cars, LC and crossovers with the 6car pb, or ive noticed jadlamracing do a custom set, that includes a crossover, 2 controllers, 2 cars and the 6 car pb. the platinum set i can get for approx £400 but i dont really need anymore track bar the crossovers, and the jadlamracing set is £200 but dont really get alot in regards to the cars etc, or is there another set that would suit me?

thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the only thing with the jadlam set is, there's only 1 powerpack and im sure i read, to run 6 cars, you need 2 powerpacks. approx 70 of the cars i have are all still in boxed un-used condition, but i do have a few duplicates of some cars so wouldnt mind in sticking some digital chips in those ones. i didnt really think the track would sell if im honest about it, but having looked on fleabay, maybe thats an option. he APB is defintly the route i wanna go down, as i'll prob add in a pit lane game (maybe pit-pro depending on funds) and a decent RMS on the laptop. just wasnt sure if there was any other cheaper options of the jadlam set but guess thats hard pushed. i can get the APB for about £110 but dont think there's a powerpack included with that, and most the powerpacks ive seen are about £35 :S

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rakete - Yeah im thinkin i mite be able to get all the parts i need for less than the platinum set, but at the same time, as bigbird says, if i can sell all the track i get in the set, then i'd imagine there wouldnt be to much difference by the time i buy the APB, the power supply, some controllers, LC's and the 6 cars is a bonus

hmm i'm goin to keep an eye and see how much the track goes for then make my mind up, mite even pop into a local shop and see wot i can "haggle" a APB for lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
still not sure what i was doin. i was buyin a load of cars in a well known model shop and the guy said if i wanted, he was doing the platinum set for £250 for the following weekend only, but i was only home for 5 days and live in another country, so it was the posting it home that would have stung me. mite give em an e-mail and see tho.

rakete, yeah, its handy having loads of track as a "just incase" but it ends up lying all around and takin over the house, this put onto the fact i have about 2 big boxes full of classic track that was a mix between mine and my dads so wouldnt wanna part with that either...so i dunno, money situation first tho lol

temptations temptations

1 - 4 of 4 Posts