Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have downloaded UR3.0 onto my computer which is running Windows Vista with no problems but I wanted to download it onto my old computer which is running XP and use this nearer the track which is located in the garage. I have searched the forum for an answer to my problem and can not find an answer. The problem I have is that the program downloads no problem but upon start up the program starts to load but just gets hung up on a white screen and goes no further from there and I am left to shut down the program. As I've said I have searched for an answer to this problem, could be right in front of my eyes somewhere and something really simple, I'm no expert on using computers so if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have you tried re-installing it, it may have missed something (as sometimes happens), might be worth a try.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (re-slotted @ 30 Jul 2011, 10:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Have you tried re-installing it, it may have missed something (as sometimes happens), might be worth a try.

Yeah I've re-installed/uninstalled numerous times and always end up with the same problem, program loads up with UR3.0 at the top,file view etc and the rest is just a plain white screen with the cursor showing that the program is still loading. When I first tried to load UR3.0 on my computer running Vista it took a few times to get it to work, finally worked when I downloaded it as 'run' instead of open or save, this option doesnt seem to show up on my computer running XP.
Matt

·
Registered
181 Posts
The first PC I downloaded UR3.0 to did not know what to do with ZIP files.
The second PC I had to tell WinXP to unzip the file and then was able to click on the install UR3.0.
The latest install was on a laptop using Windows 7 and it was smart enough to just "handle it".
All are working except the first try

Does any of this sound familiar?
Did you go to the UR online help? It will probably send you to the SCI forum topic.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (2FER SLOTS @ 31 Jul 2011, 01:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The first PC I downloaded UR3.0 to did not know what to do with ZIP files.
The second PC I had to tell WinXP to unzip the file and then was able to click on the install UR3.0.
The latest install was on a laptop using Windows 7 and it was smart enough to just "handle it".
All are working except the first try

Does any of this sound familiar?
Did you go to the UR online help? It will probably send you to the SCI forum topic.

Yeah this all sounds familiar, download the file, unzip and install and computer says that the file has been installed correctly. Will muck around with it again today and try a few other things. Have looked at the topic on SCI and there is a couple of posts of something similar occuring to others but really not sure what the answer is. It might all come down to my older computer being just that,old and was mistreated a bit by the kids when they were bubs pressing buttons all the time. The computer wouldn't even turn on at one stage so after mucking around with it for a while decided to upgrade a while ago and have had the computer away in the cupboard for ages until I decided that I really want to use one on the track. I ended up stripping all components out, cleaning all the dust etc off everything and reassembled the lot and fired it up first go and has worked with no probs ever since. Have downloaded SSDC onto the old computer which I'm hoping to have up and running in the next week or 2. Like I said earlier , probably just something so simple to someone who knows about computers.
Thanks for your help so far.
Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts