SlotForum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Urethane Slot car tires for sale

4K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  wayne69x 
#1 ·
Hello All

I have been making my own tires from Urethane for a year or so now and have decided to start selling a few sets as i have loads of molds and spare Urethane that i will never get through and i appreciate how expensive the OEM tires can be. These give improved grip compared to the standard tires and unlike Silicone are legal in most clubs. I run them on a Scalextric sport layout at home and a routed wood track at NERCS and the grip over the standard tires is much improved. I run a non mag set up at home and these tires are taking lap times from 16 seconds to around 12 seconds.

I have some of these these listed on Ebay at the moment http://shop.ebay.co.uk/sundayshopper3000/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

I also have molds for other sizes listed below I would be happy to make/sell any amount required. Dont like Ebay? PM me and i will supply direct

Slot -it
Group C
GT
GT Wide (5mm rib)
Small narrow

Scalextric
GT/LMP modern
F1 classic
F1 modern grooved

FLY
Truck
GT Wide rib
GT Narrow rib
Porsche 917
BMW M1
Capri

Carrera
GT
DTM

Ninco
F1 Grooved
Kart

Avant Slot
LMP

Polistil Giocattoli
Can am

I am charging £2 per pair, £3.5 for 2 pair and £6 for 4 pairs plus postage, I would also be happy to make molds up of other tires by request either from my own spare tires of from your tires you could send me.

All of these are made from a good quality Smooth-on urethane 40A shore hardness. I recommend these are glued on the rims prior to truing.

Please take a look at the Ebay listings and PM me any questions.

Thanks for looking

Wayne

See less See more
#2 ·
Good luck with the new business, hope it goes well for you, maybe you won't have any time to race in the future.
Link to sale: Ebay listings.

#7 ·
Get ya sen a few sets man, the newby business man needs to make money to feed his addiction.

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Simon. I basically use an original tyre to make the mold, so if the original has raised lettering then the urethanw will also. For the normal modern lettering that is printed on i make my own and glue it on after fitting the tyre to the car

Wayne

#13 ·
QUOTE (Screwneck @ 1 Jun 2011, 04:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If the 'Fly GT narrow rib' tyres perfectly fit the second generation Vipers and Panoz GTR cars Fly made, then I might be interested in a few pairs.

Can you post a few pictures of the quality of your stuff?

Hi Screwneck

Ill post some pics as soon as i get chance.

I am in the process of making a new mold for the narrow rib as i can only make 1 tyre at a time. as the second one floated off into the silicone while it was drying lol

I think the quality is great on these. I have had hand made tyres in the past from various supplies and i believe mine are as good and any others. I guess the grip will vary depending on the type of track and grade of rubber.

I plan on ordering some 30A shore urethane (currently using 40A) to try so ill update this thread with the results.

Thanks

Wayne

#14 ·
QUOTE (Wraith @ 1 Jun 2011, 08:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Are these designed for wood or plastic track?

Hi Wraith

I initially made them to solve the non mag grip issues on my Scalex. Sport track. I also run these up at the club on a wood track and again the grip is massively improved over the standard tyres. I have to say it is not NSR ultragrip levels but heads and shoulders above standard Scalex and the like.

Wayne

#15 ·
I have stopped listing these on our well known auction site due to the huge listing costs. I have to add money to the tyres just to cover these costs and that is not fair.

Prices updated:,

£1.50 per pair
£3.00 2 x pair
£5.00 4 x pair

All prices are not inclusive of postage. As I have said before I am not trying to run a business or make money from these I simply want to share with fellow slotters and cover my costs. If anybody is not happy with the tyres for whatever reason I will give a full refund.

#16 ·
QUOTE (simon_wright91 @ 30 May 2011, 23:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i know i will sound really sad now but i really dont care lol

i am making a Lightening Mcqueen car and im wanting his tyres making up do you think it something you could do?

Hi Simon

What wheels are you planning on using for the Lightning Mcqueen car? I would suspect some NASCAR rims and tyres are the way to go. I don't currently have molds for these.

I would make the tyre logos on the PC and print to standard paper then cut and glue to the tryes with superglue, time consuming but the results are good

Wayne

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE (wayne69x @ 1 Jun 2011, 08:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Simon

What wheels are you planning on using for the Lightning Mcqueen car? I would suspect some NASCAR rims and tyres are the way to go. I don't currently have molds for these.

I would make the tyre logos on the PC and print to standard paper then cut and glue to the tryes with superglue, time consuming but the results are good

Wayne

hi well

im just gonna use the rims off the dodge viper im using to make the car so it would just be tyres to fit them
made a little fatter?? im not sure shall i get you a pic of the wheels on the car?

si

#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
Updated fitment list

Slot -it
Group C
GT
GT Wide (5mm rib)
Small narrow

Scalextric
GT/LMP modern
F1 classic
F1 modern grooved

FLY
Truck
GT Wide rib
GT Narrow rib
Porsche 917
BMW M1
Capri

Carrera
GT
DTM

Ninco
F1 Grooved
Kart

Avant Slot
LMP

Polistil Giocattoli
Can am

Autoart
Lancer
Citroen Xsara

More to come soon

Wayne

#25 ·
Hi All

A few people are interested in having me make molds for specific tires that I don't currently list. I would be happy to do this and below is a guide of the price.

Make mold and supply 8 tires = £10 this assumes i receive at least 2 original tires to make the mold from (more is better). Original tires will be returned wherever possible with the new urethane's.

I would keep the mold for further use. All tires made after the initial 8 will be at standard charge.

This is just a guide price based on good quality originals, and reasonably standard tires.

Thanks

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.