SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Paul Charlton
2,191 Posts

Hi all,

We at Pinewood are holding an open weekend, with plenty of action taking part over the two days on 3 of our tracks !!

On the Saturday, we have both of the club tracks holding events, plus our Slotstox's track will be up under cover outside so all can enjoy some crash and bash racing !! All the events are US themed, so the 1/32nd club will be hosting an event using the gorgeous looking Pioneer Trans-Am's and the 1/24th club will be using NASCAR Pickup truck bodies !! (more details on this event to follow).

On Sunday, all 3 tracks will be open to the public to come and have a play !! Club cars and controllers wil be provided. (again, more details to follow).

As mentioned, the 1/32nd clubs Event will be Pioneer Trans-Am's. So here are the details for this event

Times = doors open at 8.30am for practice. Scrutiny starts at 11.00am. Qualifying starts at 11.30/11.45am with the event planned to start at 12.00pm.
Format = all drivers will have 6 heats (1 per lane), over 3 minutes. Total laps and footages will be taken and will determine the finishing order. All drivers will then take part in step up finals with prizes for the top 3 finishers in the A final !!
Cost = the cos for all entries is £5.00
Track = the event will take place on the 105ft 1/32nd track at Pinewood, which has 6 lanes with steel braid. Power will be regulated per lane to 13.5 volts.

RULES.
Eligible cars - Pioneer Mustang Fastback and Notchback models, Dodge Charger and Hemi Charger models can be used for this event.
Bodies - must remain standard. May be painted, bit must display at least 3 race numbers.
Interiors - standard full interiors to be used. The screws securing them to the chassis may be removed to allow the bodies to roll.
Chassis - must remain standard. No trimming allowed.
Motors - standard motors provided with car must be used. If the motor shows any signs of been openned or tampered with, you will not be able to take part in the event.
Gears/axles/bearings - all must remain standard. A small amount of glue may be used to stop gears spinning or moving and the bearings may be glued in.
Wheels/Tyres - must again remain standard. Tyres may be glued to the hubs and lightly sanded, but must show some tread pattern on the suface when brought to scrutiny. Front Tyres may also be lightly sanded.
Guide/braid - the deep guide provided in the spares bag may be used. No other guides or braid may be used.
Weight - up to 5grams of lead may be added to the chassis inside the car.
Magnets - no traction magnets to be used, so please remove the one fitted to the car as standard !!

The rules are set to try and keep the cars as standard as possible, but allow a few modifications to make the cars better to run on a wooden track.

There will be a BBQ on site in the afternoon/evening

Please let me know if your interested in taking part, hope to see you over the weekend !!

Regards, Paul Charlton

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Hi there Paul..

The event/weekend sounds excellent, using std Pioneer cars is a great idea. Please put me down for an entry.
I am also intrested in the 1/24th Nascar Pickups, could you please let me have some more details about them.

All the best.. Martin De'Ath.

·
Paul Charlton
2,191 Posts
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the interest, I'll put your name down for the event.

Hopefully, one of the 1/24th scale club members will see this post and link there event to it with all the info you require. I'll try to get hold of the rules, etc and send them to you

Ian, if only mate

Regards, Paul C

·
Registered
18 Posts
USA Extravaganza
Pinewood Raceway
Open Weekend
2nd & 3rd July 2011

Doors Open 10:00 AM - Saturday 2nd July
*** Bring your own cars or race ours***

Race 1 - 12:00 Midday
6 Lane rack 1/32nd Pioneer Trans-Am

Race 2 - 3 PM
With race prepared cars on the 1/24th circuit.
6 Lane 1/24th Nastrucks

OR

Race 3 - 3 PM
Again race your own or use 1 of ours.
1/32nd Slotstoxs 6 lane oval circuit held in the big marquee

Race 4 - 6 PM
6 Lane - Doowenip Circuit 1/24 track

Big 4.5" wheelbase chassis 1/24th Nascars - Rolling thunder!

Entry £5 per event for Adults/£3 for Juniors

Food and Drink Extra
Day finishes with a BBQ washed down by a Coke or Bud!
2 Pinewood Centre Old Wokingham Road. Wokingham Berks RG40 3AQ

SCALEXTRIC & SLOT CAR RACING
FUN FOR ALL THE FAMILY!
We supply the cars & controllers - race on some of the biggest
tracks in the UK - just turn up!

NASCAR TRUCKS - NASCAR CARS - SLOTSTOX
Doors Open 12:00 Midday Sunday 3rd July
Pinewood Open Day
Just turn up and have a go day!
Details can be found at:
www.pinewoodraceway.com
Track closes at 5PM so come down and have some
fun![/i]

·
Registered
18 Posts
UPDATE JUNE 6TH

Numbers are increasing for the 3pm Pinewood Open Slotstox event, with interest from across the Slotstoxs racers.

Cars are now prepared for the 1/24th Nastrucks, they go really well and look great.

Across the car park there will be a Beer test outside the cafe bar.

Local press and radio will be covering the events over the weekend

Visit the pinewood Raceway facebook pages to see additional comments

If your not there you will be missing a cracking event.

·
Paul Charlton
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure fully of entry numbers for any of the events yet.

Have 5 confirmed for the Pioneer Trans-Am event, with at least another 5-10 maybe(s).

Regards, Paul C.

·
Paul Charlton
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great news, thanks AAWSCC

Look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

Regards, Paul C

·
Registered
18 Posts
The cars for the other events are ready to go. So make it a day

12 midday

1/32nd Pioneer muscle cars

3pm

Slotstoxs on the 6 lane oval

or

1/24th Nascar trucks

6pm

1/24th Big Nascars on the 1/24th track.

Remember everything you need to race is prvided,and dont forget the BBQ in the evening,with more racing at peoples chioce!

·
Jim Moyes
5,045 Posts
I'd like to have a go at the Pioneer event too.

Only problem being - as it's Saturday I'm sort of on call and can't afford to turn work down at the moment.

Would it be OK to have an entry on the basis if I get there I'll take part? Or will it mess up the organizational side of things not knowing if I'm a definite?

·
Paul Charlton
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mr.M,

your more than welcome to just turn up on the day if you can make it, or no problems if not. I understand fully the need for work and cash these days.

Hope you can make it

Regards, Paul C

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
This all sounds like great fun. I shall try and stop by in the morning for the Trans-Am race.

All I need is a fiver and a model, right? No problem with the fiver and I've probably got an old model in my desk drawer. I'll have a look.

Jules

·
Ian
99 Posts
Paul Sorry I couldn't make it, but I hope my stand-in will give a good account of himself, in a very low lighting we even look the same - from a distance with your eyes closed!

Jules that'll be the top drawer then!

I hope it all goes well see you next weekend

·
Jim Moyes
5,045 Posts
Thanks Paul and the Pinewood guys - I really enjoyed the Pioneer event. Great track, great fun. Always very interesting to see how other folk do things.

Well done on your win and it was very magnanimous of you to award the superb prize, donated by Jules, to the top visiting driver. Martin De'ath won that honour (and second overall), and the car will fit in nicely with his lovely collection of "US Iron", that he brought along for us to drool over.

Jim

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I would also like to thank Paul and Pinewood for a fun day. Great to se other clubs racing standard Pioneer cars.
Looking forward to the next one, i'll have to try a bit harder next time. So Martin, watch out!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'll third that, thanks Paul. Great tracks and club room you have at Pinewood.

I hope Mr AAWSCC wasn't too loud for you.

Martin, cool bit of model making, thanks sharing with us.

Regards Keith

·
Mark R-E
2,471 Posts
I dropped in right at the end saw Martin & Paul. Martin did have some nice new things

I wish I had remembered early about the event as looked to be really well enjoyed with Paul, as usual, putting in all the effort for the club.

I picked up my new Jerry Titus Mustang too which looks fab

1 - 20 of 21 Posts