SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have found this refrence from Tamiya:

those cans and drums are 1:35 scale, but size comparison is perfect when used in a 1:32 slot space. This is a sample of how I do convert them to something suitable for slot ambience:

The cans are perfect for raid model finishing too

The price of that kit is very cheap... about 6-8 euro/$, and painting them in a modern way is very easy.

·
René 'Vialli' Christensen
4,861 Posts
QUOTE (GBMark @ 11 Aug 2004, 13:11)I too use Tamiya military equipment on my track.

Here I have substituted Scaleys Challenger for the Tamiya version........

Quite effective I think

What kind of guide do you use??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to everyone for your greetings. Here I post a new sample of different termination of drums:

In fact, as many other comment, 1:35 scale kits are a good source of material to be used in slot. To show it, let's see a couple more samples of things I am working in:

As you can see those guys are initally designed as military police (from some japanese corps, in fact). But now I am on the run to paint them as spanish country police, to act as part of the scenery of a raid track.

While it is not scenery itself, I am also working in a humvee 1:35 model:

It is not exactly to be "track & scenery" part, as I am working to transform it into a slot car. But surely you could be able to use this or similar models to make cheap scenary placed cars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts