SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

Being not only new to this equipment (2 days' use) but also new to this forum, any pointers from you more knowledgeable folks would be greatly appreciated. We have already read all the information we can find on this setup and still have loads of questions unanswered. Have got as far as actual racing and with pace cars but get some glitches. Here goes, 1st question, the answer to which may or may not be important is: On the dropdown list, in SSDC, only P Pro and C7030 are available to tick and our C7042 is not listed as an option at all. Does this mean that the C7042 is not communicating properly? We have built a track with a 'pit-in' only sensor, temporarily, and have selected 'pit exit after start' on the dropdown. We have some glitches, just wondered if it might have something to do with this or just numpty-novice brainache!

Many thanks for reading this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for your post. Have installed v.5.4.2.0. Perhaps this hasn't installed correctly? Have the correct AUX to PC USB cable for C7042, this is talking to COM19 on my laptop. Does that make any sense?

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Here is an image of my SSDC, it is v5.4.2.0:
View attachment 9878
I have the Aux Transmit ticked but I doubt that you will need this just yet.

Com19 is possible as this depends on what else you have loaded into memory.
What colour are the LEDs on the APB and the Green & Red dots on the very bottom right of your screen?
What values can you see on the left side of the toolbar for "??mA / ??ms Power"?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for that,

Have just re-installed v.5.4.2.0 (the devil makes work for idle hands.) Must have done something wrong the first time. I now have the C7042 option in Powerbase type dropdown (most promising.) Powerbase Port (COM19) and the Pitlane Port showing COM3 have noticed that your Pitlane Port option is set at none. None of the APB car ID lights are lit up and only the green light at the bottom right is lit. 0ma and ms showing constantly changing range between 16-30. Power ON. CPU% fluctuates. Dots at bottom right of screen are green and red (very dark red, almost black.) Hope that makes sense. Must say, your screen showing the C7042 option gave me hope! Again thank you for that. Please post when you get a minute, re the above, much appreciated.

·
Administrator
10,136 Posts
From your description you are connected and \SSDC has made the right handshakes so you are good to race!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
If everything is recently installed and the Powerbase port is Com 19, then the Pitlane port is unlikely to be Com 3? Much more likely that it would be 18 or 20?

Rich

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Hi Andy,
I only fired the software up on my desktop PC nothing was attached, COM1 is the default hardware on my PC.

I would try setting the pit lane option to: "Pit Entry Only: Exit using Start" as it would seem from your first post that you only have one sensor in the pit lane. This means that you must have your APB after the pit exit or you will run the next lap at pit lane speed until you register your racing prowess by informing SSDC that you have exited the pit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will try re-setting the Pit Lane optiot. Was up 'til 3am this morning having a 'play'. Making great inroads now, with all the useful pointers so, not so much confusing 'stabbing in the dark' going on. The two pace cars I had running were slowing down after a number of laps. This might solve that issue. Have already tried altering the speed on 'Pit and Track Call' option to a higher speed, with no joy.

Again, many thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.