SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Circuit Owner
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have inherited a bunch of Micro Scalextric motors. So I am naturally wondering whether I could use them to power a 1:32 scratch build.

I'm assuming Micro runs at around 12v although the power supplies seem to b rated at 16v.

Does anybody know what RPM these little motors run at and at what voltage?

They are so small I was considering a twin engined configuration with two motors driving the rear axle. I could put two contrates on the rear axle or even hang one motor each side of the axle and drive the same contrate!

Alternatively with sidewinder I could place one motor each side of the axle and drive the same gear.

With the small size of the motors I could produce some flatbed trucks and pickups and some outrageously low rat rods and "thingies" - just a thought.....

Is there any mileage in this or am I barking up the wrong tree?

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Great idea ...... it must be worth just having a go. Don't forget the photos though.

·
Jim Moyes
5,068 Posts
I'm not familiar with Scalextric Micro as such, but are they not the same motor as fitted to the Scalextric Fiesta, early Lorries and all the early Pink Kar releases?

·
Robb
581 Posts
QUOTE (Mr Modifier @ 23 Sep 2011, 20:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is there any mileage in this or am I barking up the wrong tree?
Only really with using them for small spaces.

QUOTE (Mr.M @ 23 Sep 2011, 23:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm not familiar with Scalextric Micro as such, but are they not the same motor as fitted to the Scalextric Fiesta, early Lorries and all the early Pink Kar releases?
Yes, they are.
They're actually used in lots of 1/32 slot cars, including the Ninco Karts.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi, Yes I use these motors quite a lot.
They are very good but have a small drive shaft. The pinions from the scalextric motorcycles fit without mods.
Have a look at my gallery and you will see a Toyota with one fitted as a front wheel drive angle winder.

·
Circuit Owner
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (ecurie ecosse @ 24 Sep 2011, 17:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi, Yes I use these motors quite a lot.
They are very good but have a small drive shaft. The pinions from the scalextric motorcycles fit without mods.
Have a look at my gallery and you will see a Toyota with one fitted as a front wheel drive angle winder.

I had a look at your Toyota - Nice!

·
Registered
436 Posts
I've used some 12v Matchbox powertrack motors which look the same and run a Lindberg TR3 conversion I did very well.
and left plenty of room for an interior.

Roger.

PS now I'm no longer a 'Tea boy' do I now become a 'Lager Lout'

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
Are you guys seriously saying that these pokey little tiny motors are worth respect in 1/32 slotcars?

Really?

I'm off to Ebay to buy 100 for £10

Tell me you ain't being serious

Anyone got any before and after laptimes?

·
Tore
1,758 Posts
These are SH-030 motors and comes in all kind of RPM ranges, just like any other slotcar motor.

Not sure about the RPM of the Scalextric Micro motors, but the Ninco 1/32 go-cart motor is about 14-15.000 RPM at 12 volt and the Pink Kar Beetle motor about 20.000 at 12 V. Torque is probably around 30 gcm , which is about half of a NC-1 and similar to SCX/Carrera 1/43 motors.

Would be fun to test the specs of the Scalex Micro motors, if they are somewhere between 15.000 - 25.000 RPM they should be usable for small lightweight cars since the motor only weights about half of regular 1/32 motors. The motor shaft is the same diameter as the slim-cans (1.5 mm) so pinions are available from Scalextric, Scaleauto, etc..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.