SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Circuit Owner
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have inherited a bunch of Micro Scalextric motors. So I am naturally wondering whether I could use them to power a 1:32 scratch build.

I'm assuming Micro runs at around 12v although the power supplies seem to b rated at 16v.

Does anybody know what RPM these little motors run at and at what voltage?

They are so small I was considering a twin engined configuration with two motors driving the rear axle. I could put two contrates on the rear axle or even hang one motor each side of the axle and drive the same contrate!

Alternatively with sidewinder I could place one motor each side of the axle and drive the same gear.

With the small size of the motors I could produce some flatbed trucks and pickups and some outrageously low rat rods and "thingies" - just a thought.....

Is there any mileage in this or am I barking up the wrong tree?

·
Circuit Owner
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (ecurie ecosse @ 24 Sep 2011, 17:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi, Yes I use these motors quite a lot.
They are very good but have a small drive shaft. The pinions from the scalextric motorcycles fit without mods.
Have a look at my gallery and you will see a Toyota with one fitted as a front wheel drive angle winder.

I had a look at your Toyota - Nice!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.