SlotForum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, been looking for V8 supercars but only site I can find is an Australian one and they ridiculously expensive. Anyone know anywhere in uk that sell these cars? Thanks

·
Last Place is my Place
573 Posts
sorry there australian only release, as the brand is contracted out to an Australian company in Adelaide, my recomendation is to find the product code of the one you wanthere and google it eg Scalextric C2447, and keep an i on ebay, onlt 5000 of each model are made and some become repaints, but a good place for the new ones is Armchair racer

·
Greg Gaub
14,670 Posts
Yeah. My parents went down under on vacation, and I had them snag me one. I just said "Any Scalextric Aussie V8" 'cus it didn't matter since I didn't have any. Great car. A lot like other crash resistant cars. It's too bad Aussie V8 racing isn't more popular around the world, or we might be able to get them more easily.

·
Tel
4,032 Posts
QUOTE (LeeH @ 1 Feb 2012, 05:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi, been looking for V8 supercars but only site I can find is an Australian one and they ridiculously expensive. Anyone know anywhere in uk that sell these cars? Thanks

Try Pendle's, they have a couple to pre-order but looks like they have sold out of all the older ones ...

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Pendles have had them on occasion as have MRE.

But they are made by Scalex as a special order from an Australian hobby supplier. For a long time it was the only way for us to get some Australian flavour on our tracks. While Scalex were busy making and releasing special edition cars for the US and UK market we poor Antipodean fans didn't get a look in.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Thunderbirds in adelaide is also a good site to check as he does mail order...

As for the cost they are a little more expensive when the first come out but generally drop after a little while and then start to rise considerably in price..

for example the 4 from the first series (2003) probably sold for under 50 AU and now you are lucky if you can pick one up under 250 AU....

glad i lashed out when they were going for around 60......

Not to mention the Lowndes Commodore is already going for 130AU+ and its only 12 months old so god knows what that is going to be worth in another 7 or 8 years

Cheers Gloveman

·
Registered
809 Posts
Isn't it time another manufacturer (SCX or Carrera) made a high detail version of these cars?
I love watching a bit of V8 racing on MotorsTV,so I would love a collection of them. If Nascars can be mass produced then surely so can these!

SCD

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
It'd be nice SCD. But I don't think it's likely. It's taken an awful long time and problems in other markets for Scaley to realise we exist down here. I really don't expect others will notice us.

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Licencing costs are going to be pretty steep as well. Tony Cochrane knows the value of his brand (and is no doubt happy to double it whenever possible!)

I think I'm right in saying that there's only the one diecast manufacturer licenced to make Supercar models - and they're also roped in as a championship partner/supplier - so they can make money out of Supercars so long as Supercars can make money from them.

The current 1500 units per model won't make much money for anyone so presumably slips the commercial net, but it puts Supercars out there in the slot market. If you wanted to go into volume production, though, you'd have to expect some sort of commercial deal.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
It is the hottest touring car championship at the moment. If, like me, you can't have it on telly, look for a video on You tube.

The liveries are great, only 2 cars (at the moment, 2 other manufacturers are considering joining the series), so yes, it would be great to have detailed models.

There is a promo V8 Supercar SCX set, but the cars are just relivered Mitsubishis. Missed opportunity.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts