SlotForum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a week off last week and built a couple of tables for my track. Despite my total incompetence with power tools, this was a pretty easy project, certainly a lot easier than expected. It's nice to have the track up off the floor.
Now I need to experiment with layouts and find something my son and I like so the landscaping can begin.

But I think the first addition to the table will be bar stools and cup holders.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome to the Forum bleedingedge. Looks like you've made a good start to building your permanant set up. Keep us posted on the progress and tell us more about yourself!

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Looks like a pretty well-built table to me. Now the real fun can begin - playing with layout designs. Fire up the layout design software and don't feel rushed. You've got enough space to make a long interesting lap if you want to, take a look at this bowl of spaghetti, in a 5 foot x 12.5 foot space.

Paul

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Mampara @ 21 Sep 2004, 03:13)What's the domensions of the table and what make track is that?
The table is 2 8x4's in an L, the track is scaley sport. The current layout is built from all of the track I had from the GT40 set plus picking up some extra straights and R1/R3 curves recently. The 2 big corners are both decreasing radius turns which are fun to drive, if you're good you can carry some extra speed into the corner; unfortunately I'm not that good.

I am looking forward to some quality time with Tracker 2000 at some point, but I'm going to enjoy the table and current track for a bit first.

I need to recover from the $300 in track/cars and $400 in table materials I bought last week anyway.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (pault86 @ 21 Sep 2004, 09:42)Looks like a pretty well-built table to me.
It does look pretty good in the photos, but not as good up close. (maybe I am just being too fussy, I am a perfectionist) There isn't a square joint or level leg to be found.
Having a drill press to drill the holes for the leg bolts would have helped a lot, unfortunately a cordless drill is as close to power tools as I come.

But it's still pretty sturdy (I was up on top of them when putting the track together) and that is what is important.

·
Registered
316 Posts
You do yourself down Bleedingedge... looks great to me

Track looks great, tables look strong with room for track extension as you find more cash.

Further to that theres storage underneath. A good job all round

CoolS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts