SlotForum banner

Vanquish Lotus looking for partner to share

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  GBMark 
#1 ·
To my mind the upcoming release of a 1970 Lotus 72 by Vanquish is great news in one respect but so frustrating in another.

I am very pleased that this era of F1 is finally being given some attention (albeit in an iffy scale !!) and I am even more enthusiastic by the Graham Hill car than I was with the first two but as soon as I get it I will be frustrated by the fact that it will not have a realistic race partner for the foreseeable future.

I will not be satisfied running it alongside a 1972 Lotus or Surtees or a 1976 March or even worse a 1/32nd scale modern F1 !!.

Same applies to Scaleys upcoming 1961 Vanwall and 1953 Maserati. Would it not be more logical to release two different cars from the same season ?

Just a personal observation/frustration and certainly not a show-stopper but I do like to see some symmetry on my track

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi

Elsewhere, someone talks about doing charlie fitspatric's glas Lola T70(I also did one as the Surtees car, but a slightly earlier version). Anyway, Charlie the Pack Rat has his molds and if you talk nice to him, you can probably get most of the 1972 season!
These are BSCRA spec "scale" bodies, but much more scale than the Vanquish. the bad news is that they are really 1/32 in length and all. Which means scratchbuilding. But you can have about any season you want!

Fate

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
If we want to resuscitate the gold old days of F1,yes, I agree that some problems of compatibility will appear; but today in the classic racing car world we have many championship, in which many protagonists mix together without any embarrassement. In your track park some today's cars in the pits, race a mixture of old F1 queens and say to your fellows that you are re-creating the 2003 Montecarlo ( or Goodwood ) Historical GP!

Ciao

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.