SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had a good look at both liveries at yesterdays MK swapmeet. Both were very eye catching and I was impressed with the engine detail. As Astro points out the diff gear sticks out the back but is not too noticeable being black and also masked by the rear aerofoil. I find the decision to stick Emersons hand up in the air quite bizarre though

As for scale....well, they do look "big" but I have no real perception of what a 1/32 scale F1 should look like against other cars....presumably Scaleys 30 year old efforts shouldnt be used as a guide ?

As no-one else is producing classic F1's right now I dont suppose the scale matters too much. I just hope the 1972 Surtees follows on quickly so that we have a race partner for Emerson and his mate Dave.

All I can say is well done Vanquish for bringing us another line of race car that has remained sadly untouched for too long.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Howmet, I know what you mean about this problematic scale issue with Vanquish.

I do agree that they are making life difficult for us and potentially other manufacturers who could see themselves "locked out" of a particular era or class. The fact that Vanquish seem to deliberately over scale their models does suggest that they want us to race Vanquish v Vanquish so I presume it to be a business ploy !!!

But.......the problem for me, is, while I truly wish I had the modelling skills to re-create my own grid of classic F1's, I know my limits and therefore have to rely on slot car manufacturers to do it for me. At the moment all there is are basic 60's cars from MRRC and Reprotec and Beardogs fabulous but too expensive for me McLaren and upcoming Lotus.

So, I am not exactly spoilt for choice and once the Surtees model is released I will very likely be buying it plus the Lucky Strike Lotus........unless in the meantime Scaley or someone else can come up with an alternative

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.