SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Deep breath....

The scale issue will matter if, as in Can-Am, Vanquish are making a range of cars that are incompatible with any others, with the result of making it LESS likely that other manufacturers will enter the arena. I do sincerely hope that the Lotus is in reasonable scale, although I have strong doubts, but if it ain't, who now is going to go to all the trouble of making another version a few mil. smaller? Or making their own range of F1s once the market has been stolen by VMG? If it is in scale, then I would hope that Scaley (with the Vanwall and Maser as precedent) and other big firms might produce their own GP cars that would compete fairly.
It would be lovely to see a whole range of good F1s from the past, but for now, I'll stick to making them myself (literally)

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
A purely academic question, of course, but has anyone out there who has bought a Vanquish Lotus measured the wheelbase?
According to my books, the full sized measurement should be 2540, which translates to 79.37mm in 1/32nd. If the Vanquish model comes near to this, I shall be very happy indeed and rush out and buy one.
That IS a relatively long car by standards of the time.
Track measurement should be 1448 (45.25mm in 1/32) front and rear, but this is to the middle of the tyre, so is a bit less reliable for our purposes.

Cheers chaps.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Thanks Astro.... you just saved me a few bob. But have fun with yours! I shall watch jealously as VMG start to crank out all my favourite F1 cars, leaving me and all the other pasty-faced rivet counters out here in serious-ville lonely, cold and frustrated. Grrrr.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.