SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To give you a helping hand in preparing for the Championship i thought it might be an idea to get as many peoples points of view on the Championship cars i have started a seperate section for each of the six Championship cars.

Even if your not planning to compete your points are of interest.

Before you all start talking about swapping motors etc, bear in mind this is a box standard Championship no changes to standard spec allowed.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Howmet
you're a star!
A labour of love that car!

Hmm Vanquish, well I've heard ok reports and bad reports courtesy of SF. It's a shame you're not allowed to bin the differential and use a normal axle instead.

Mark.

·
Matt Tucker
3,550 Posts
In no particular order

- Lubricate and glue the differential togehter (I think SCI had a how to) and in to its bearings
- take tyres off and remove the platric obtrusions from the rims - moulding remains
- glue tyres to rims
- truing the tyres is a bugger so perservere
- rub wd40 in to the tyres over a couple of nights
- trim the body work as some bits on mine caught the track
- glue motor in
- remove sideways slop from front axle - depending on whether you have a bumpy track or smooth track either inc the up and down flexing ability or fix it respectively.
- run motor in
- run motor and gearings in

Drive it smooth
Matt

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just heard that Monarch Lines (the UK Distributor for Vanquish MG and a Sponsor of the Championship) are offering a discount to dealers for this championship car.

Check with your normal dealer to see if they will pass on the discount.

Gareth

·
Registered
9 Posts
the rear diff gears on these shear very easy (£13 for a new one) about 3 of us at scale models slot racing had this problem, it really is a bad design though we all dreaded the racing of these,they were actually one of the best classes to drive,(probably coz i won this class.he he) just pray the rear diff teeth stay on

1 - 6 of 6 Posts