SlotForum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone has heard of when Vanquish are going to release the Peugeot Courage C60
it should have been out in december!
Also will this model be a true 1/32 scale? as I've read in various reviews that there cars so far have been more of a 1/28 scale than 1/32

regards
Dave

·
Premium Member
5,398 Posts
I think there was a rumour (or am I just starting it here?) that they were going to just concentrate on the F1's from here on in.

I'm sure they'll not change tack with the scale issue, sadly.

·
Premium Member
5,398 Posts
Phew! I'm in the clear.

Guess you used that 'Search' button, eh?

Shrewd, very shrewd.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Speaking of Vanquish, are they still producing cars?

Last one I saw (and got) was the blue Lotus 72. Seems they were going to make another 72, and a newer F1 type car (Parmalet (?) livery).

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
They released the Brabham but it was terrible. No, that;s a bit unfair. It was as bad as all their other cars, but without the charm required to make buyers forget how it looked and buy it anyway.

That's a bitchy way of saying I think they should be referred to in the past tense. Imminent Toy Fairs will see if any new product is planned.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Seeing as we're all chipping in and kicking a man (slot car company) when he's down, aside from the scale issue, am I the only one who was irritated by the way that their Can-Am drivers all seemed to sit ontop of the car rather than in it? For me this spoilt the whole car regardless of scale. Always seemed to me that having a full size driver was mor important to them than getting the thing to look right!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I just love their motor, and don't care much about details of the driver.
I race 'em, and with a replacement of the rear, its unbeatable.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers Lads,
I've had a look at the MTR 32 site
he really does make some lovely cars
and best of all a lot of them are models that aren't currently available. I'm just having a bit of trouble contacting him does anyone know if his e-mail is working? my outlook can't or won't send to it!!
So anyway if I can get hold of this Milan geezer then who cares about Vanquish MG and there non existent out of scale Courage C60

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (LSIntegra94 @ 26 Jan 2005, 11:39)Are the e-mails getting bounced back to you? He's had the same address for about two years now.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not as yet. My outlook just wouldn't send to that address so I used my hotmail that seemed to work so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping he replies.
Have you purchased any of his cars or bodies? If so what do you think of them? I can't understand I've not heard of his site before now. I've been back into slot racing for a few years now and his models are some of the finest I've seen

regards
Dave

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (LSIntegra94 @ 26 Jan 2005, 11:39)Are the e-mails getting bounced back to you? He's had the same address for about two years now.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's just replied to my hotmail mail. There's quite a waiting list it's almost as bad as trying to buy a 1/1 Ferrari

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
QUOTE am I the only one who was irritated by the way that their Can-Am drivers all seemed to sit ontop of the car rather than in it?

When they first came out, many folk said just that, including me, the driver looked like a slot version of 'Tom Cruise' sitting on a cushion so he could see out the front.

Then Harry over at Homeracingworld.com came up with an easy fix, it is still listed in their archives as far as I know (not got time to go hunting right now - sorry) so look it up it works REALLY well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts