SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Here a digital version of the track ......

Vecbtb33's track.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
C7036 - XLC = 1.5 standard straights in length so you need a full straight (C8205) and a half straight (C8207) to replace the XLCs

C7007/7008/7009/7010 - CLCs = can be replaced by 2*C8206 , you might need some quarter (C8200) or a half straights (C8207) to to fill the gap

Hope this helps

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks mate.

I wish there was a pieces guide for this track saying how many of each part I need.

Kinda new to this after 40 years between sets so still trying to work out what all the parts needed are.

·
David H
3,724 Posts
This might help.

You'll probably want to exchange one of the standard or half straights for a Power & Control Base. If you don't already have one, look at part C8530 on Scalextric's website. Don't forget to add borders to the outside of corners. Scalextric's website has all the details you need.

The diagram shows that the track doesn't quite meet up perfectly, but there will be ample enough wiggle room within its construction for it to connect nicely without problems.

Circuit1.gif

Attachments

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Capture.JPG

You may find this version to be a bit more driveable on the bottom right corner .......... :thumbsup:

Attachments

Reactions: Storm68

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys, I've ordered all the track I need so just need it to turn up now.

That gap does worry me a little, hopefully it will all pull together without any hiccups.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
The gap will not be a problem for whichever design you settle on ......... :thumbsup:

Don't forget to post lots of pictures of your build ........ it's much easier than typing lots of words ......... ;)

Reactions: Storm68

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

I know this thread is a bit old, so I don't know how active you gentlemen are, but I was searching for 4x8 layouts for a scalextric track, found the Vecbtb33 on the webpage "Scalextric Digital Track Designs". Then found this thread when I searched specifically for the Vecbtb33.

I just wanted to see if you were still around and let you know I just finished the basic structure of my layout. I have the track down, and next I need to bank the turns a bit, then pin the track. After that I'm going to turn the kids loose with paint, because I'm just for fun with this one, and I'm not going for realism. Also my wife is more concerned with visibility than covering my rough work on the layout (she's participating and loves her green Mini Cooper).

Anyway, I tried to follow the numbers of pieces as listed but ended up with a whole extra oval!! Well that was too much track to just ignore, so I opened a section and went up a whole third level. My goal originally was a simple 4x8 that I could store and carry in from the garage, but now I've got a monster that's really heavy.

I hope to post a picture soon (if anyone is here) of my Vctbtb33+ (it appears I am close to 40' with the addition).

This might help.

You'll probably want to exchange one of the standard or half straights for a Power & Control Base. If you don't already have one, look at part C8530 on Scalextric's website. Don't forget to add borders to the outside of corners. Scalextric's website has all the details you need.

The diagram shows that the track doesn't quite meet up perfectly, but there will be ample enough wiggle room within its construction for it to connect nicely without problems.

attachicon.gif
Circuit1.gifH
attachicon.gif
Capture.JPG

You may find this version to be a bit more driveable on the bottom right corner ........

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I tried to follow the numbers of pieces as listed but ended up with a whole extra oval!! Well that was too much track to just ignore, so I opened a section and went up a whole third level. My goal originally was a simple 4x8 that I could store and carry in from the garage, but now I've got a monster that's really heavy.
Looking forward to the pics of what you've done!
thumbsup.gif

BTW here is a link to the page that has my latest 4*8 digital incarnation of vecbtb's design:

https://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=137945&page=8

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes, welcome to the group. I rekindled my slot car hobby last year and bought my first ever Scalextric in the process. Part of what tipped me over the edge was reading the original vecbtb post after doing a Google search for 4 x 8 layouts. My brother put together the original layout (at my request, as I am currently short of R3), though he then re-worked the "southeast" turn into what he now calls "Vecbtb Easy-Go". I'm one more parts order from my own take on it. Looking forward to pics of yours!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. Last forum I was active in didn't want a lot of pictures loaded directly. Somewhere I'm a member of a photo sharing site and I'll delete this post and repost with a link if that is preferrable.
Excuse the mess, things have been rough and the track is a family thing and a de-stressor for me.

I was going to fill in with a mountain scene, but my wife said we'd lose view of the cars. I wasn't sure what to do with the foundation, as an urban scene would be boring, so I'm introducing the "Jungle Boogie Speedway" a Vecbtb33+

IMG_20210603_194707438.jpg
IMG_20210603_194435406.jpg
IMG_20210603_194522194.jpg
IMG_20210603_194613341.jpg

·
Registered
329 Posts
Maybe some "clear mountains" to be able to see the cars? Your wife is a smart racer.....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts