SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
redstar
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got at the Houston slot car museum a very rare close to MIB PlastiMarx set from Mexico. It contains a Maserati Birdcage and a Ferrari with steering and lights. The Mexican cars were different colors than the US made ones ( usually more colorful ) and they had a decal with the car # instead of it being painted on like the US cars.The beautiful box cover shows F1 cars with headlights !
question.gif

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,163 Posts
Marx set produced in Mexico... with the same horrid looking mongrels they made in the USA, but using different colors!
smile.png

And yes, I bet that it is pretty rare today.
I love the mention on the power supply, "inofensivo". Meaning, your kids won't be able to commit suicide using it, or set the house on fire!
lmfao.gif

What I'd like to know is the name of the 40-year old design engineer with a 5-year old mind who designed those pathetic cars... supposed to be a Maserati T61 and a Ferrari TR. YUK!
dry.png

·
Administrator
9,692 Posts
Very true what Philippe says... and very cool nonetheless!

Love those colors, never too wild about the Marx mechanicals... Several of the major manufacturers had pickup systems that weren't compatible with anything else, and I always wondered about the reasoning behind that. Maybe it seemed worth it at the time, locking guys in to your own system. But with hindsight it wasn't a good idea. (altho the digital makers don't seem to have learned the lesson).

Don

·
Bob Chapman
6,918 Posts
Its certainly a piece of our hobby history.
Regardless of quality or performance, it earned a place
in the books and indeed the Sampson SCM.
Very nice to see these pieces from around the globe.
Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts