SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
9,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up two cards of "American Line" wheel/tire combos on ebay, since they looked like silicone, and nobody else was interested....

Just received them and one especially is very interesting: brand new Classic Specials, but the material really does seem to be some kind of silicone! Although it could also be a very think silicone layer that's also peeling off - perhaps you can see it in this photo. I didn't think Classic made anything silicone, but these are definitely Classic. What car were these for, were they originally that golden tint? And wasn't American Line a company that sold remaindered stuff?

Got a card of these along with the Classics - seem to be sil-coated spongies, no marks, also 5/40 thread, but there are two set screws in each bag! As you can see the silicone surface is a bit rough... any ideas?

Don

·
Registered
465 Posts
Don,

Any chance you would sell a pair of those to me? I am trying to put together as many vintage wheels sets as I can for future RTR Thingie projects?

I love Classic stuff! I didn't see these on eBay or I was sleep at the wheel!

-Max

·
Administrator
9,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure Max, drop me your address in a PM. From the ebay photo you couldn't tell these were marked Classic - I was surprised as anyone!

Don

·
Registered
465 Posts
Don,

PM sent...

As you can see I am serious about collecting cool vintage Wheels and Tires for future RTR thingie projects.
If I can't get a nice one I'll build them myself!

-Max

·
Tony
2,834 Posts
These old wheels and tyres don't come up on our Ebay but I have quite often seen them on US Ebay

·
Registered
465 Posts
I am always on the lookout!

I plan to build my own Manta Ray, Banshee, Cyclone Avenger, Sonic Needle, Batray, Hornet, Fantum 1 and whatever else I can, even if not completely original.

They will all be nice though...!

-Max

·
Registered
465 Posts
Don, you are the MAN!

-Max

1 - 7 of 7 Posts