SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you amature (and professional) photographers and videographers!

I need some help converting the format of some of my videos from MPEG to MP4...

It's not as easy as you might think and I cannot find a program to do it ANYWHERE!

Any chance you guys might be able to help, pretty please?

Cheers all,

Andy

PS. The videos are of cars so it's not unrelated to the board

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the help Tropi, I looked at both programs and neither seems to do what I want them to do (ie. convert it, and do it for free). I don't want to pay for a program that might not do it properly.

Basically, I have a file called "something.mpeg" and I want to convert it to "something.mp4" so that I can play the video on my phone. I have no idea why the phone only plays ".mp4" files, or even what an "mp4" is...

Anyone?

Andy

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
my mac has stuff to make mp4, but I had never found anything to play mp4s before. But the whole video format thing seems to be a mine-field - i managed to make an mpg video which is incompatible with almost everyone's computers, and there are just as many options for mp4...

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I probably shouldn't say this in public but . . .
most progs can be obtained from the net at, shall we say, a lesser price than is advertised.

I recently laid my grubby little paws on Dr DivX, which can produce superb compressed mpeg4 (*.avi) files of less than 1/6 the size of the originals.
Highly recommended.

There are several FREE players that will play these, including the DivX player, the BS Player and even Windows Media Player with a suitable add-in.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't worry now guys, I've sorted the problem.

I just bought a new phone

Now I can watch Senna, Villenerve, Vatanen and Hawthorn whilst I'm in lectures or on the train

Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts