SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Greg Gaub
14,651 Posts

If you'd like to have a go at your own best lap times on that track, check out the Slot Forum Test Track thread in the Slot Racing and Tuning forum. It's a fun track that most people can build with their track, and really tests your driving skill and car performance!

http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=47842

·
Circuit Owner
5,890 Posts
Hey Mr Flippant,

GREAT video.

LOVE the Nissan Drift car - I have one of these chipped for SSD and I'm going to do a drift Gallardo for a game of catch-me-if-you-can with lane changing as well as direction changing.

Back to your video - you are becoming a bit if a champion for the SlotForum test track and I applaud you - it's a good thing for comparing cars. The NSR is an eye-opener non mag.

Brilliant.

The GT40 was strangely hypnotic.

Word of warning though - don't watch the video full screen on a 22" monitor - the POV made me feel a bit sick!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Good idéa I guess its upp to all of us to have a exact simular track on the floor!
I have read the headlines before, buth can you give us all the tracks partNr!
But I guess I now it ;-)

·
Greg Gaub
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the compliments. The motion sickness is why I cut the POV stuff so short. It's just unwatchable at actual slot car speeds. And I had to cut through minutes of the stuff to find the useful bits.

I do love the test track idea, and in particular the layout that was decided on. As I said in the test track thread linked above, it's the perfect mix of long straight, tight turn, esses, and normal turns in a relatively small space with a low amount of track. Anyone with enough track to make a figure 8 plus a few more straights and a hairpin set can do it, and if they don't already have the track, they usually only need a few pieces to make it.

And you think the video was hypnotic... try running almost 120 cars, 20 laps each on a small track that goes primarily round and round. ;-) Not as bad as a recent NASCAR proxy race I helped with (it was an oval), but still.

Lasp, the layout with clear indications of the pieces needed is shown in the thread I linked above. Go check it out and have some fun with us!

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Nice slippers Mr Flip. So... You're becoming the surrogate HankScorpio?

Always thought the test track idea was a good one. I just don't have the bits. Particularly, the important bit. Timing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts