SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· redstar
1,729 Posts
Hi here's my birthday gift to me from my wife minus the red car which is going to my friend Don in Paris. These cars seem to have been made in the late 1950s or early 1960s.. The guides are handmade . The steering ???

The chassis are hand made and the steering units are ???? The brushes are unique. One photo shows the red car next to a 1/32nd MRRC rail car to compare sizes. Who made them ? The guy I bought them from said he bought them in an antique store 30 years ago. I did see another rubber bodied slot car like these 2 around 8 years ago in my computer . I can't find it now but I will keep looking.Thanks Bernard

Attachments

· Premium Member
5,619 Posts
Cool cars! I had never seen any Auburn Rubber body used on a slot car before. Obviously post 1957 since they are slot, and not rail cars. The contacts being so close to each other might mean that they were designed to run on a Scalextric rubber track.

· Registered
932 Posts
motor is Pittman DC70.

wheels are Veco or maybe MRRC, I´m not 100% sure.

About the gear is difficult to say, but it have not an english origin ( not MRRC, Eldi etc ) because it´s bevel gear and I´ve seen the same gear in a Kalamazoo rail car. Note the next 4 posibilities : Boston, American Standart gear Div, Model Racing Inc, Wilson of Cleveland.

Fantastic cars Bernard, they are the 1st generation of slot ( not rail ) cars of the EEUU.

Somebody nows since what year is the Pittman DC70 in market ?.

· Administrator
11,682 Posts
Thanks for sharing Bernard - in every sense of the term.

José, the DC70 is an old train motor from Pittman, probably dating to the 1950s - the 6V version for slot cars probably came out in 1964 or so. It was also more or less the basis for the Revell-Pittman RP77 from 1963. I wondered about those bevels myself, but without knowing what they could be - was talking about that with Bernard in fact.

I seem to remember seeing those kinds of contacts elsewhere, now I have to find them!

Don

· Premium Member
5,619 Posts
I think that the gears are a set produced in the 1960s by Boston Gear, a supplier we used when I was working at Cox Hobbies. I seem to remember that curved back.
As far as the contacts, they look hand made to me, but who knows? In any case, great fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.