SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have recently acquired some old slot cars in good condition, is there a list of old cars anywhere.

I have some scalextric early ones up to 80's.

Thanks

·
Registered
233 Posts
The scope of slot cars manufactured over the years is staggering. Add in relative collector desirability, subjective condition evaluation, and many other variables...and the definitive list you look for simply does not, and never will, exist.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
benj: What kind of a list are you looking for. You didn't actually mention wanting prices or values.
I have a long list of UK Scalextric models of grand prix, sports-racing and Indy cars that is comprehensive up to the 1990s, with some of the 21st century models of earlier cars. It is ordered by Scalex number with notes on variations, etc. I did it for my own purposes, beginning with a scan and OCR of a list of UK Scalexes in a 1998 book. My "working" version omits most saloons, all karts etc, and phantom cars like Electras and Darts. I also have a short list of Spanish Scalextrics.
No prices/values at all. If this sort of list is of interest, let me know. They are rtf files.
There are full lists of Scalextric cars in Roger Gillham's books titled Scalextric, published by Haynes in several editions over the years. Not in the 50th anniversary A Race Through Time, however.
I've never heard of a single list of slot-cars in general, even from the major brands, though someone may be beavering away on the task, far from real life.
Rob J

·
Administrator
9,909 Posts
The new book by Philippe de Lespinay, Vintage Slot Cars, 2nd edition, will have a complete list of all the US and US inspired slot cars from the vintage era. No Scalextric, since that has already been largely covered.

Publication hopefully this year.

Don

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for your advice.

I have looked at the info provided and I'm now starting to see the info I need for my cars.

I'm not selling any of them, but just want to know more about them and maybe value for insurance policy I'm taking out.

Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Regarding insurance - unless any individual car is counted as high value you should be OK.

When I asked my insurance broker about my collection they said it is not viewed by insurers as one item, just as a lot of individual low value items so no special insurance required.

Unless soemone can tell me otherwise ? .........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts