Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Stranger Things 2
575 Posts
Hi guys, we have some projects using smaller/narrower 1:24th scale bodys that my mates and I would like to do, and which will use up some old Japanese chassis / wheels / etc that I have, but I don't have enough 3 mm threaed axles to even start what we want to.

The 1/24th bodys we propose to use are only narrow (max 70mm), so the axles certainly don't have to be long ... 55 - 60/65 mm will be fine for what we need.

Anyone able to help me with threaded 3 mm axles??

I'll take as many as anyone would like to spare .....

Here's the basic set of rules we will be building by and classes we will stay with ... we like to keep things VERY simple
:

Open Wheelers - Any open wheeled car : MAX width 65 mm

Convertibles - Any open top cars with "enclosed' wheels - MAX width 70mm

Hardtops - Any car with a roof and 'enclosed' wheels - MAX width 65 mm

Thin, shallow guides please - All cars should use 1960's small Mabuchi or similar motor, and look "right". ie: no UNDER scale wheels

You will all note that nothing in the rules stipulates using 3mm product, it's just that I have a good supply of vintage 3mm chassis and wheels that I would really like to use if possible. Plus the chassis I have take a standard 16 motor (a motor I have a GOOD supply of) very easily, and that motor fits into the rules we want to use.

Cheers, Michael

·
Stranger Things 2
575 Posts
Sorry, a couple of other things I should add.

We tend to lean toward older style bodies, so even though it isn't stipulated in the rules we all know that nothing pass the late 60;s / early 70's will be built.

We are all older buggers, so again we all know that when building these cars we will all stick with the vintage parts that we have in our parts draws.

That's why I've placed this thread into the Vintage section, and not any where else ... I hope the Mods don't mind.

Cheers, Michael

·
Stranger Things 2
575 Posts
Have thought the same things about taking the bearings out to 1/8th. We do have a good supply of 3 mm wheels though, so would still like to persue some 3 mm threaded axles ... for a while anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts