Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
When I`ve been posting pics of cars a few people have asked me to post an overview of my Scalextric layout.
This is the best I can achieve with my camera. Everything is vintage, even the throttles. Each lane has it`s own power supply.
The layout is 26 years old. It has moved house once with me. Maintenance is by cleaning the rails with an oily rag & dusting the plastic only. No power loss at any track point & not a single power tap anywhere!
Cheers,
Kev

Included on the layout.
K703 Control Centre.
K704 Marshal Hut x 4.
K705 Open Grandstand x 2.
A201 Event Board & Hut.
A202 Racing Pit x 2.
A203 Owners Pit & Stand x 2.
A208 Control Tower.
A209 Grandstand(green, red & white) x3.
A211 First Aid Hut x 2.
A228 Refreshment Kiosk x 2.
A233 Entrance Building (out of shot).
A238 Timekeepers` Hut.
A221 LapCounter Building.
F302 TV Camera Crew & Stand x 3.
F303 Starter On Rostrum.
A240 & A241 Track & Building Lamps x 15.
PT90 Pit Stop Track.
A229 Grande Bridge(extended to 5 feet).
PT 77 Goodwood Chicane.
A212 Start/Finish Banner.
A216 Twin Loud Speakers On Stand x 2.
(Back curve is a chicane consisting of 6 x PT85 curve chicane track pieces)

Also original Scaley fencing, paling fencing, rubber marshal posts, rubber haybales,plastic haybales, gate units, half tyre markers, spectators, mechanics , pit name boards ect.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
This I like - a lot!!!!

Respect, Holger

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
the best vintage scalextric here on slotforum.

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Thank-you chaps. Unfortunately I think that we`re a dying breed...

Here`s an overview of my vintage 1/40 scale Jouef/Champion Playcraft layout. I have all accessories which were available in the catalogue. However, I use Scaley throttles because the old Jouef throttles are a bit of a fire hazard. Had to take a couple of pics because of it`s awkward shape. There`s over 130 Corgi Silverstone Series spectators, pit crew & press officials on the layout...given the rarity of these figures it must be some sort of a record (seated figures in Grandstands are cheapies from Hong-Kong)?
Cheers,
Kev.

Not used on this layout(for obvious reasons). The Leap Of Death & Rocking Road.

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,588 Posts
Great stuff Kev, thanks for posting. I had good fun identifying the listed items on the Scalextric track !!

I had always thought that the control centre had a square plan base but can see it is not as deep as it is wide...

Leo

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Thanks Leo & Rich,
The Scaley layout is about 14ft 6inch x 6ft Rich.
The Jouef layout is 10ft long & 5ft at it`s widest point.
Running length??? Haven`t got a clue!

Cheers,
Kev.

·
Martyn
742 Posts
Lets face it Kev, its your kind of track that got most of excited about slots in the first place. long my it last and continue.

Well Done.

Athrlyth

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
QUOTE This is the best I can achieve with my camera.
Hi Kev,

It is great to look at the pictures of your vintage tracks.
I like them very much.
Taking the picture from outside into the garage would even give a better result.
In this way, the light is behind you, not against you.
I would be very pleased to see some more pictures of your vintage Scalextric track.
Well done,

Hub

·
Registered
809 Posts
Just chipping in here to say that I have had the pleasure of driving on these tracks and they are great, particularly the Scaley, smooth as you like and surprisingly quick with the old throttles. They do actually look even better in the "flesh", which is more than I can say for Kev!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Hi again Kev.

Hey...great to see the overview of your Scaley track...
...had only seen details before.

Love the plan...
...and the way you've got the Grande Bridge & Goodwood in front of it...
...it just looks 'right' !

Cheers.

Si.

·
Registered
746 Posts
hi, i'm new here and your layout is along the same lines as what i'm trying to achieve.
i like this a lot, well done on your efforts

when i get time i'll get some pictures up of what i have so far but i think we definately have the same taste in scalextric.
keep up the good work.

·
Nick
708 Posts
Looks great Kev.Having moved house i now have a garage at long last.Seeing all my classic Scaley stuff boxed up has given me the urge to return to slots.Planning on a classic track soon.Will start a thread in a month or two.Your track inspires me.Thinking of two 8x4 boards in a L shape.Got lots of chicanes and old skool bits i have never used.
Cheers dd

1 - 20 of 21 Posts