SlotForum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
individual volume settings are planned for ssdc,have you using your pc with some nice desktop speakers.

That is the method i use and there is enough grunt to drown out the cars if required.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi,
Sadly it is not possible at the moment to vary the volumes.

Andy has tried to equalise the levels ( thankyou) but I think that the "re fueling" call should be louder than the rest, as it is not just there to enhance the racing experience.

Also, I find the horn at the end of the race to be significantly louder than anything else, and there seems no way to turn it off. If I set the volume to make the level of the horn acceptable, the rest of the sounds are very quiet.

I run my set up through a separate amplifier and speakers, it would help to be able to turn off the horn sound, but under the "sound" options there does not seem to be that choice, only the "winner" one can be changed.

Any thoughts anyone ?

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
It would be nice if individual drivers could receive race telemetry updates via the 'throttle-pro' (headphones plugged in) so you would hear your lap times, race position and fuel warnings.

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
.... you really think "out of the box".....

This might be a bit of a stretch for what we have put together, sending speech might compromise performance

Nice idea

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
..... rather than sending speech, how about retrieving it??

A very cheap computer, ie Raspberry Pi, at each race station could poll the mother ship every few milliseconds and pick up the relevant info and display it on a small screen and play sounds on a speaker. This would also free up the mother ship' processor as it would not have to waste time outputting speech.

Just Googled Raspberry Pi and they are around the £30-40 mark
Have a quick look.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi,

Oh you superstar!! You have just ended 2yrs of misery for me. Listening to that ******* horn has driven me bonkers !

I never thought that the horn was in "Qualification End" but it is. I just tried changing it to none, and it went away, whooppeee

Cheers Martin

·
Greg Gaub
14,648 Posts
Hehe, I'm glad to help. I remember many times standing next to my computer, having turned the volume up to hear the speech and other sounds, only to be unexpectedly blasted with that fog horn.
I didn't completely disable it, though. I dug through the windows sounds folder to choose some kind of "ding!" noise.

·
Registered
84 Posts
That horn is a beauty, would be nice to have speech ending each specific race segment, one for practice one for qualy and one for race end

1 - 13 of 13 Posts