SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a Volvo 850 Estate slot car was ever made.
As used in the B.T.C.C. around 1995.
If so who did it ?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Hi V,

I've actually got one, in vac-form white plasticard.

I think it must have been Charlie who did this, who else ??.

No proof, just intuition.

Had it over 10 years in the box marked "Must Do" !!??.

What am I like.

vbr Chris.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would also like to get hold of a BTCC Volvo 850 estate, maybe if there was sufficient demand we here on the forum could persuade the likes of George Turner to produce one. I have looked at the G T website and the quality of the models look superb, however, I have no wish for a Ford Anglia, Hillman Imp or an Austin A40. So unfortunately these models are not for me.

I he was to produce some of the 1990's BTCC cars that have unfortunately not been produced by the main slot car manufacturer's I'm sure that I'm not the only person who would be very interested in buying them. I would probably buy more than one of each, as year on year most of the cars had a new livery.

Some of the cars I would also like to see are:
Nissan Primera
Toyota Carina
Mazda Xedos
Honda Accord
Honda Civic
Vauxhall Cavalier
Ford Mondeo Mk2
Renault 19

I'm sure I may have missed one or two, but even if we could persuade one manufacturer to produce at least one or two of these cars it would be a start.

Glen

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Volvo 850 coming soon from Pendles PCS 32 range

Coming soon from PCS. A new range of resin 1/32 scale body kits. Starting with the Volvo 850 Estate. Pictured is the prototype for the BTCC Touring car. The kits are aiming to satisfy the racer, collector & builder of slot cars with various options from road cars to police car liveries. The body has been designed to accept the popular PCS 32 chassis; other chassis can easily be fitted such as HRS2 for improved performance. Kits should be available around August.

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
Wow, that looks fantastic! Biggest problem with these type of supertouring cars is getting the right wheels in the right place for a good 'stance' - I wonder if there's more room for a bit of extra width inside the arch? At the front this is quite important to get it looking right

Looking forward to the release of that one

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I really hate the big old volvo estates[from a biker,s point of view] their also quite ugly. so the model doesn,t do any thing for me. some of the other touring cars appeal, just not this one. john

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Gary, the problem with getting a pukka stance on a SuperTourer - and others like Aussie V8s too - is the massive negative camber. Usually about five degrees up front and two or three at the back. You could probably fix the fronts with stub axles and a bit of swearing but the rears would be a challenge.

·
John
1,340 Posts
The PCS prototype was at Gaydon.

It looked sweet, not sure it has the right dimensions to be a serious contender but it definitelty satisfies my desire to be different!

I'll race it because I can!

Incidentally, last time I saw Ricard Rydell was at donnington in the WTCC got speaking to him and his dad with my son after which Mr Rydell senior produced a very nice boxed Cross pen for my son! he thought the Volvo was a beast! top bloke!

Cheers

BSN

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
QUOTE (Dave Wisdom @ 28 May 2013, 10:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very, very nice Nic. Will the kit include decals?

Dave

Kits will be supplied with decals but wheel Camber is not included!

QUOTE (stoner @ 28 May 2013, 12:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I really hate the big old volvo estates[from a biker,s point of view] their also quite ugly. so the model doesn,t do any thing for me. some of the other touring cars appeal, just not this one. john

Sorry about that!

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Our club is going to run a class for them, so hurry up nick

Cheers
Paul.

·
David Moss
461 Posts
Hi folks. I don't get on here very often any more and the track has sat in peices (waiting to be digitised!) for a good few years now. But I came back on and stumbled upon this thread, so I thought I'd add what little I know.

There is/was a Nissan Primera produced. I have one. Think it was from Team Slot and it's resin. (You can see if in the pictures below).

I was a Super Tourer nut and my main collection is/was just them. I was just going to re-livery an SCX Honda & Volvo but for the Corina I planned in re-liverying an SCX Peugeot 406. If I ever get back to a point were I can afford to get back into the hobby I'd be interested in A Mazda Xedos and the Volvo Estate & Honda Civic. (Drool!)

The Super Tourer collection as it stands

The Pit lane mock up with 11 manufacturers.

My Super Tourer Championship thread

Track construction thread (That hasn't gone anywhere in years! :'( )

Hope that's all of some interest to you folks.
Enjoy and have a few races for me.
TTFN

1 - 20 of 21 Posts