SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi gareth, yes this is it, in fact I had two to choose from, one outside our rehearsal room for measuring and one near me for visual checking every time I drove past it, now i need to look for a Saab 99!

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Interesting, i have already had a conversation about this subject tonight. Actually its going to be something called an EMS, but i am assured it is bodily very similar to the turbo. apologies if I have this wrong but Saab`s are not my strong point.
I wonder if in Sweden there is marque loyalty with Volvo/Saab, as in the States, "are you a Ford or Chevy man"
cheers steve

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,642 Posts
Hello Steve,
The SAAB we all want is the 99 EMS Turbo. They dropped the EMS tag after a short period and in reali8ty I suspect that was a marketing label, attempting to promote the glamour of "Electronic Management System".
Your comment re Ford vs Chevy is very apt in recent years when Volvo were owned by Ford and SAAB by General Motors. Personally my preference is SAAB/GM...

Leo
Hope not hijacking the thread too much:-

... and back down the Amazon, here is a picture to inspire rally fans:

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hi Leo, the pic. of the Saab is the one you are getting! (eventually). great shot of the amazon, i thought it was awful when Volvo went west, sticking Mitsubishi rubbish under the bonnet, the gearbox on my V40 exploded at 70 mph on the M4. dumped it there and then and bought a proper one again the following week, a 940 turbo estate. I have mixed preferences though. Volvo/ Chevy. Where would the wonderful Chaparrals be without Chevys,
cheers steve

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
We had a V50 recently, did about 110k miles had trouble with exhaust/emission stuff, but it was a really sweet bus to hustle along. Having said that it was based on a Focus floorplan.......
Gotta get me one of those Amazons, infact two.
One to race, one to rally.......
Simon

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.